Release MIUI ROM 2.3.30 ROMS [ICS] & [GB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark (or anybody else), any advise most appreciated.

coming from 2.3.9. on SGS2 and after full wipes, and following upgrade steps from http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/how-to-update-upgrade-miui.15424/ I end up with KERNEL PANIC UPLOAD MODE. Same happened with 2.3.23. And I now need turn to you. Nothing helps, installed other rom's, recoveries, wiped everything. I can only get device up and running by flashing CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEU_KH4-v5.0-CWM5 with Odin.

Re-downloaded with PC, copied zip to external_sd, removed sd-card, formatted everything in CWM, re-installed sd-card, tried to flash 2.3.30 result as: assert failed:
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100" ll
getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9100" ll
getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys2" ll
getprop("ro.product.product") == "galaxys2" ll
E:Error in /sdcard/miuiandroid_SGS2-2.3.30.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

So, nothing really helps me to get this praised ROM installed.
Puzzled...

open the updater-script in the zip file and remove the getprop files. The error comes, because now you haven't anything in system, so the script can't find the lines in build.prop it searches for, because there isn't any build.prop anymore. Because it can't see, that your device is an S2, it stops the installation, if you remove those check files (starting with getprop) you'll get rid of the problem.

L

Hi!
I flashed from 2.3.23 to 2.3.30, and now I only get "Samsung galaxy s2" startupscreen and nothing happens? Have wiped/recovery and everything twice, but the same is happening. I am running siayh kernel if it maters :)

Can anyone confirm if Wi-Fi tethering is working with this version?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Is it the way MIUI is designed where you flipped to the last page you are unable to flip back to your first page using the same direction. For example you flip right till the last page, going back to the first page requires you to flip left all the way. I remember the stock ICS does not work like that, is there a way to solve it.

open the updater-script in the zip file and remove the getprop files. The error comes, because now you haven't anything in system, so the script can't find the lines in build.prop it searches for, because there isn't any build.prop anymore. Because it can't see, that your device is an S2, it stops the installation, if you remove those check files (starting with getprop) you'll get rid of the problem.

Thks a lot! Happy to get a reply. That solved the latter issue but results as a boot loop with the yellow triangle. Only way to solve this, is to use odin as it wont let me into CWM anymore with getprop lines removed flash.

Thks a lot! Happy to get a reply. That solved the latter issue but results as a boot loop with the yellow triangle. Only way to solve this, is to use odin as it wont let me into CWM anymore with getprop lines removed flash.
Hmm, then maybe you should redownload the file again? Don't know, the only thing you have made by deleting the getprop lines is that you have removed the check if you install a file not ment for your device, so if the file is the correct one, maybe there are other things missing? Don't know about galaxy s2. I own a XPERIA X10.

L

Great rom for SGS II ,only thing that i miss is MIUI Dialer and more themes ,but i'm waith for this patiently. :)

can users here tell me what is the best kernal to flash to please as seem to be sooo many now, i am currently using fluxi miui kernal

Hey Miuirulez, best thing you can do is format your sdcard and memory card, delete all the files on it, then mount sdcard via recovery, place the miui rom on it and then flash it. If you cannot get into recovery mode holding volume up-middlebutton-poweron, then just install any official samsung rom. Then go through the rooting process again. Make sure you never flash from within the app CWM. With our sgs2 it is always best to switch phone off and go directly through recovery. I had the same issue you have a couple of months ago and did what 9lukas did but also cleared my sd card completely and external memory before trying to flash another rom. I cannot remember the exact steps but if you follow the above you'll be golden. Also, you should not be running siyah kernel unless he has made a recent I.C.S beta. Anyways bro, youll come right do not stress, sgs2 is difficult to brick. Once you running Miui v4, you can also run the yellow triangle away app to get rid of that babylon yellow triangle.

Ok, just flashed this ROM on my SGSII, coming from MIUI GB, very good, also looking great.
Awesome work guys.
But I seem to have a problem, I can't install anything on the SD card, for eg. apps fail to be restored via Titanium backup, I found that if I unmount the SD card it works, but the problem is that it restores the app on the internal storage rather than the SD card.
Also App2SD also doesn't work, I can't move any app to the SD card
I'm guessing that these apps can't find the right path to the SD card [because also in CWM, I couldn't find my backups in the usual location], Has anybody got App2SD or TB to work correctly?

Also another question, is there anyway I could restore the desktop layout from MIUI GB?
I tried backing it up from GB, but I can't seem to restore it in ICS, this is really important because I have like ~200 apps installed & rearranging them again would be a real pain in the ass. :)

One last thing I noticed is that the screen brightness is kinda low/dim [with full brightness on & auto-brightness off], nm, I fixed that by turning "Auto adjust screen power" off in Settings>Factory

But nevertheless excellent ROM, can't wait for next week's release. ;)

Ok, just flashed this ROM on my SGSII, coming from MIUI GB, very good, also looking great.
Awesome work guys.
But I seem to have a problem, I can't install anything on the SD card, for eg. apps fail to be restored via Titanium backup, I found that if I unmount the SD card it works, but the problem is that it restores the app on the internal storage rather than the SD card.
Other than that App2SD also doesn't work.
I'm guessing that these apps can't find the right path to the SD card [because also in CWM, I couldn't find my backups in the usual location], Has anybody got App2SD or TB to work correctly?

Also another question, is there anyway I could restore the desktop layout from MIUI GB?
I tried backing it up from GB, but I can't seem to restore it in ICS, this is really important because I have like ~200 apps installed & rearranging them again would be a real pain in the ass. :)

One last thing I noticed is that the screen brightness is kinda low/dim [with full brightness on & auto-brightness off], but as soon as I go to Settings -- Factory & change the screen mode it goes back to normal/full brightness.
I have to do that on every reboot.

But nevertheless excellent ROM, can't wait for next week's release. ;)

i have the same problem in installing to the SD Card. any tips

Wifi tethering is working fantastically. Love this version. You guys have done fantastic work!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Hi guys!

One question: will the Miui call answering interface (old or new) be implemented into the S2 instead of the Samsung TouchWiz one, or will it remain a problem and is just undoable and all we can do is theme TW? Also, CM9 is quite stable since today actually, and could be used now as a base btw.

Hey Miuirulez, best thing you can do is format your sdcard and memory card, delete all the files on it, then mount sdcard via recovery, place the miui rom on it and then flash it. If you cannot get into recovery mode holding volume up-middlebutton-poweron, then just install any official samsung rom. Then go through the rooting process again. Make sure you never flash from within the app CWM. With our sgs2 it is always best to switch phone off and go directly through recovery. I had the same issue you have a couple of months ago and did what 9lukas did but also cleared my sd card completely and external memory before trying to flash another rom. I cannot remember the exact steps but if you follow the above you'll be golden. Also, you should not be running siyah kernel unless he has made a recent I.C.S beta. Anyways bro, youll come right do not stress, sgs2 is difficult to brick. Once you running Miui v4, you can also run the yellow triangle away app to get rid of that babylon yellow triangle.

I'm running into the same issue, although I never had a chance to delete the getprop lines, it just throws me into the boot loop with the opening screen and yellow triangle signalling that you have a rooted kernel or whatever. This happened for the past two updates. I clear the cache, dalvik cache, and install the zip just like I was doing successfully on the GB ROMs. Are you saying that I have to delete all my data every Friday now....?

Thanks for any tips.

Hi sir,

regarding the my lock screen problem, will the fix be on next week release?

tnx..
marxman

Awesome work guys.
Also App2SD also doesn't work, I can't move any app to the SD card

Same issue here. Several apps will not install (such as Minecraft Pocket Edition, Reckless Getaway, Reckless Racing). Possibly because they want to be installed on the SD card. Titanium fails on the the very same apps.

Another bug seems to be that facebook sync is not working. Unless I am doing something wrong. When trying to set up facebook sync it just closes the dialog without any errors.

Overall though, I am very impressed. 2.3.23 was my first time with MIUI, but I went back to stock because of FC's. This however I will definitely be using as my daily driver. Just hoping this issues will be fixed quickly. Thanks for all your hard work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.