Release MIUI ROM 2.3.30 ROMS [ICS] & [GB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mark,

The BLN bug is since 2.3.23. On my Nexus S there's no way to turn it on. Ive changed kernels, and reinstalled BLN control app.
On the other hand BLD works, just BLN doesn't...

Thks for 9Lukas5, mrbean, Dray, on commens and advice.

What you guys say, about using recovery, formatting, removing external_sd, MD5's, re-downloads and flashing stock ICS has all been tried in different combinations and order. Did bout 20 flashes last night. I played around 'til 6 am just to get this ROM working but nothing simply helps. No matter what preparations I do and what ROM or kernel is in the system to flash on top of... Always fail to either install or boot. Bootloop is closest I can get, but when it happens it won't let me into recovery. Flashing CF-Root with odin is a quick fix and only fix to make the phone functional again.. Once CF-Root is put in with Odin all other ROM's are sucked in and working.

Read that other users (Bjorn Olaf, svenkramer) had same issues so it's not just me doign something wrong all the time. Mine just seems to be a hard one.

Great learning !!!!!! Courtsey MiUi !!!!!!:)

Hey bro, sorry I only checked this now. You have a corrupted download. Please try downlaoding the rom again. Also, when coming from any other rom, even miui GB it is best to format you sd card internel and externel. Reason being is that each rom contains its own file structure and any misbehaving applications can hitch a ride. Do not worry about fangling with kernels. When you install another rom it will come with its own kernel. You do not have to wipe completely every friday just do a clean wipe(internel, externel sd card, system wipe, format cache etc). When coming from another rom(eg GB) to Miui v4(I.C.S), the file structure is different. But once you are on V4, then the weekly updates just require a normal wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache. This is because of our sgs2. Once you have completely deleted everything on internel and external sd card, transfer your freshly downloaded rom.zip to your internal sd card, and then flash.

Aah I see, try using CWM 5. Most probably cf-root. Could also be you did not uninstall Samsung Kies when using Odin. Other than that I got no idea bro. Just try slowly going over all the steps again. To me this is really strange.

mrbean, what you say in post #156 results as a "getprop" -error described few post back. for your post #157, the CF-Root that I use comes with recovery 5.0.2.7. Kies vs Odin conflict is ruled out as stock ROM's installs OK.

I haven't been so active writer on any related forums but I consider myself quite active rom-flashing-person doing it like 5-6 times a week for past 12 months. Learning all sort of tricks through trial and error. And this is something I've never ever experienced before. Maybe there's still something to learn.

All this MAJOR hassle and issues with this ROM being with one of the highest selling device, proven I'm not the only one, makes me even more curious to learn why such a silence on Mark and his team's side. Had same with 2.3.23 but gave up wishing this week would be different.

A question pls...when will be available all the features from the theme manager...still having problems with status bar themeing...i am using a v4 theme but it still wont change

I have got a problem here. Something to do with the battery. The charge seem to take a very long time, some how like 30mins for just one % but then when i switch back to 2.3.9 the charging is fine. Is it just me or the rom? Thank you in advance

Hi everyone,

This weeks recommended updates:
  1. Camera interface optimisation
  2. New Stopwatch function
  3. Number attribution bug with contacts and dialer fixed
  4. Quicksearch FC problem fixed
  5. Music support for FLAC file format
Full list of changes will be published on Friday as normal. Expect bug fixes in; System, Phone, Browser, Libraries, Download Manager, Alarm clock etc as well.

This week will also see the official introduction of the Sony Xperia Arc S MIUI V4.0
Thanks,
Mark

i came across this few days ago, thought there will be MIUI for xperia

Hello
Please MIUIAndroid.com developers, can you add DSP Manager to HTC Sensation ROM.
Thanks.
I tryed install it from other ROM but sound dont react to changes in DSP.

Eventually got this ROM installed by kinda "reverse engineering".

Restored stock ICS ROM with all the crap it has installed, booted into recovery, DID NOT DO ANY WIPES (!), flash and boot.
Got into point where Mi Xiaomi.com logo is displayed, reflash + reboot, got into point where the LED's came on, stayed at that point for
like 15 mins. Back to recovery and factory reset, wiped cache + dalvik, reboot. Again upto point where LED's came on. Another reboot and close to 10 mins and the lock screen decided to show itself.

So far all looks really good and I'm impressed with the ROM. Only thing annoying, making it less user friendly is the white stuff on menus etc. Background should - in my opinion - be black with white text and orange lines and details, just like the yellow pages of browser.
That is sooo good looking! And good for my eyes.

Hats off to Mark and team + devs for a very, very satisfying ROM. Think it's one of the few wonders these days to get stuff like this for free. In that respect the talk from some impatient users last week might have been a bit unfair.

My short report of last 18 hrs - spent to flash this thing.

Hi Mark

I've had to re-install this ROM three times and am now back to GB. The ROM installed ok, but upon rebooting the phone it stays stuck at the MIUI logo. I've wiped all the caches and the phone doesn't turn on. I've then re-installed the ROM after wiping all the caches etc and it works fine until the next re-boot. So I've now reverted back to GB. Can you help me out please?

I've rote something about the stuck @ MI logo. If that happens ( with my SGS2 it was ) you just wait for about 5 minutes. Then press and hold the powerbutton. When the phone is off, wait a couple of seconds, press and hold the powerbutton for turning on. After that you see the MI logo again, wait and you will see a popup "Installing applications .. of ..". It worked by me.

** Use ClockwordMod Recovery 5 **

Mark or other developer,

There was a point about charging the phone. Tonight I had to charge my phone, he was @ 33%. When I woke up, my battery was very hot and the percentage was @ 67%? Known problem?

I toke out the cable, wait for a while, put it back and he just go on with charging to 100%.. Weird why he won't charge in the night to 100% with a very hot battery at last?

ICS ROM is still buggy.. Will stick to GB for a while until a Stable ICS ROM comes out...
It doesn't exist. SGS2 was moved to ICS state. If you'd like the last version of GB for SGS2 here is GB 2.3.9 http://www.mediafire.com/file/vlkg229ey757w0l/miuiandroid_SGS2-2.3.9.zip
It doesn't exist. SGS2 was moved to ICS state. If you'd like the last version of GB for SGS2 here is GB 2.3.9 http://www.mediafire.com/file/vlkg229ey757w0l/miuiandroid_SGS2-2.3.9.zip

ICS ROM is still buggy.. Will stick to GB for a while until a Stable ICS ROM comes out...

BTW, I'm currently on 2.3.23 ICS & trying to update via OTA Updater. Download stops after a while, shows error messege & is very slow. Any solution ?

Yeh bro I just checked out galnet miui and there is a thread dealing with the exact same issue. Apparently there are like 2 out of every 10 users with sgs2 experiencing this. In the thread the moderator just suggested rebooting into download mode, pulling the battery, putting battery back in and then with no wipes etc just install rom from within recovery. Not sure how this works but it helped a few peeps over there. Sorry I could not be of more help. I tried recreating the error on my phone by going through steps like you with cf-root etc but I could not manage it. Very strange indeed. I hope the above method works for you. Yeh, and I reckon Mark and them are most probably relaxing a bit after this huge mission. Give it a spin what I suggested above, have a look at Galnet as well and youll see you are not the only one but it can be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.