MIUIRecovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1cha

Members
May 29, 2011
This project has been discontinued due to the instability of MIUIRecovery itself(it has nothing todo with it as being a port to Mi2).
Please use CWM:
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/clockworkmod-recovery.19686/

I finally found a way :D
You'll see MiRecovery(stock version) for 2seconds and then MIUIRecovery starts.
The reason for that is that I did not find a way to initialize display and so I wait until stock-recovery did that.
You can reboot into system0 and system1 just like on stock-recovery.
RomManager is supported, too.

Download:
http://d-h.st/users/M1cha/?fld_id=10909#files

Sourcecode:
https://github.com/M1cha/miui_recovery

Installation:
Note: you can use the update-zip, too. It will automate the whole progress. Just rename it to update.zip, copy it to /sdcard/ and install it via (any) recovery.
1) delete or rename the file /system/etc/install-recovery.sh via ADB or with a root-explorer of your choise(I can recommend SolidExplorer)
2) flash the image via fastboot(MiFlash could work but I did not test it)
fastboot-command: fastboot flash recovery miuirecovery.img

Screenshots:
main.jpg zip.jpgbackup.jpgpower.jpg

Backup and restore works well?
So no more special signing of zip needed?

thank you. I will try to flash it. have never used fasboot directly. i plan on copying the line from the fastboot package

"fastboot $* flash recovery `dirname $0`/images/recovery.img" like this a make a new .bat file to use with miflash.

well i must have done something wrong somehow... i did

Code:
fastboot flash recovery miuirecovery.img
sending 'recovery' (12238 KB)...
OKAY [  0.958s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.847s]
finished. total time: 1.805s

then did fastboot reboot
rebooted to recovery from power menu but still got mi-recovery. waited like 30sec...also tried boot recovery with button combo same results...

phone does not seem to be adversly affected. could i have just messed something up?? Mi-recovery seems to work fine...

Sorry but I forgot to say that.
You have to delete the file /system/etc/install-recovery.sh first.

Reactions: grondinm
adb reboot recovery ? what does that boot to
still Mi-recovery

Sorry but I forgot to say that.
You have to delete the file /system/etc/install-recovery.sh first.

so delete that file then flash your recovery with fastboot?

That did it. looking good so far. will have more time to test in about 1h. couple things right off. seems date overlaps battery icon. And the systems should be renamed to system1 and system2 just to keep it consistent with Mi-recovery. apart from that GOOD JOB! faster then expected.

a suggestion. if you could make it so we can mount external storage connected using OTG so we have access to more space to backup...specially for those of us who only have the 16gb model...and a though. will this recovery get replaced every time we update rom?

back up and restore works well. data wipe works well. Not sure why it has option for format and wipe...Great job M1cha.

back up and restore works well. data wipe works well. Not sure why it has option for format and wipe...Great job M1cha.
wipe means that i deletes all files and directories.
format means, that he recreates the filesystem of the partition.(which means files get deleted, too)

Reactions: grondinm and type-R
Status
Not open for further replies.