Official LOLLIPOP based MIUI 6 for MI2/Mi2s coming in late Jan 2015

That's what I wrote now, don't know if there will be some reaction.

EDIT: "well power management can be handled by optimizing lollipop too"....
I quit.
That's what I thought when I checked the MD5 sums of the vendor files in MIUIv6 and saw that they're using Ivan's hacked/recompiled blobs.

Sure. Micha, Linuxx, and the others are doing more than what Xiaomi has done for this phone, that could be even more amazing.
When we will have CM12, ROMs CM12 based and GRUB, our Mi2/S will gain again a new life, and again not thanks to Xiaomi.
Don't worry, I won't let u guys down as long as I still have time and my Mi2 works properly :)

Is there still a hope for MI2S users here in this forum? Or should we sell this old piece to get new 64 bit models? I don't understand why would a company like xiaomi just abandon its old users... I think I have had enough with xiaomi. Will never support their new devices in the future if they treat us like this. Learn lesson xiaomi before users teach you a lesson.

Reactions: MSephiroth
Is there still a hope for MI2S users here in this forum? Or should we sell this old piece to get new 64 bit models? I don't understand why would a company like xiaomi just abandon its old users... I think I have had enough with xiaomi. Will never support their new devices in the future if they treat us like this. Learn lesson xiaomi before users teach you a lesson.
Xiaomi is making a update to mi2s but not how we wanted so we'll have miui v6 with lollipop and i think we'll have more updates in the future.Mi2s is a great phone and we have people like M1cha, Linuxx and Khaon that do an incredible job and i they said that they will be working on the mi2s until their mi2 dies.
So we have mi2 for a long time...

No more news about mi2s Xiaomi update? Where's Xiaomi? Where is the promised v6 lollipop update?

No more news about mi2s Xiaomi update? Where's Xiaomi? Where is the promised v6 lollipop update?
There will be the Custom ROM MIUI 6 based on Lollipop, but I don't know when. I'm testing nothing 'cause I'm disappointed.

They dont say anything about beta rom:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    33.2 KB · Views: 440
Im not a beta tester but i can tell you what it looks like although you wont be very happy with my answer.
It looks like MIUI V6, not more not less ;)
yeah, i was hoping to see some of the material design integrated with miui...

btw, let's just hope it will work better than the old jelly bean v5

Well im not really sure if the material design would look that good in MIUI, actually it has its own style concept so in my opinion it should be not that easy to integrate the material design in a good looking way.

For me its more important that xiaomi finally creates a stable and especially battery friendly rom like the last JB versions were.

But all we can do is to wait and make use of the great alternatives our independent developers giving to us.

Reactions: blackcatw81
For example they didn't even put material design on recent apps.. With Google Chrome you can't see tabs in the new way.
They dont say anything about beta rom:
Yes, I know, that's what I understood too from that. But sometimes they look a little bit unfair.

The battery life is terrible and in the latest update battery indicator go craxy and change at every reboot and shows incredible jump from 50 to 90% in a mere second of charging.