[ROM][LINARO] CyanogenMod 11 Modified Edition [09/09/14]

This ROM doesnt support dual boot anyway and full wipe is still needed if you want to switch to another.
Just successfully flashed and everything seems to be working so far, but even after installing the Play Store provided in the OP, I'm still getting distorted colors.

If I want to reflash previous roms, i.e. WIUI, Mokee, etc., do I have to undo the f2fs conversion (back to ext4?) Or can I just full wipe and flash as usual?

Just successfully flashed and everything seems to be working so far, but even after installing the Play Store provided in the OP, I'm still getting distorted colors.

If I want to reflash previous roms, i.e. WIUI, Mokee, etc., do I have to undo the f2fs conversion (back to ext4?) Or can I just full wipe and flash as usual?

Yes you need to undo and there is no other way but I hope there won't be need for that :)

Reactions: boojay
Yes you need to undo and there is no other way but I hope there won't be need for that :)
We'll see. The distorted Play Store isn't a big issue for me so long as it works, which it does. I'm just restoring apps/settings now so I can stress test in real world conditions.

We'll see. The distorted Play Store isn't a big issue for me so long as it works, which it does. I'm just restoring apps/settings now so I can stress test in real world conditions.

Also don't forget to undervolt,I managed to undervolt by 150 mV and battery life improved slightly.

Reactions: paulrlz
i cant reach 150mv with my mi2s damn it! only 75 mv stable.. faster chip or fast, i dont remember

i cant reach 150mv with my mi2s damn it! only 75 mv stable.. faster chip or fast, i dont remember

But starting clock is important, mine was for 1728 MHz 1200 MV and I managed to push it up to 1036 MV,I think most chips could pull out nice ocerclock at least 300 MHz without overheating.

I am not sure if this info is correct but I read somewhere that when running higher voltages on CPU for longer time can push minimum stable voltage up,so if you bought your MI2s long time ago higher voltage might did some damage to your CPU.

Last edited:
I have it from 8 months, but i didnt overclock. Not chip are equal, maybe you have Fastest binned processor. Type : adb shell dmesg | grep PVS i you want to see your cpu bin

@XperianPro: Hi bro you have excellent contribution for Mi2S users community here.
May i request you one thing that can you make all in one single ZIP file so that after wiping cache & factory restore i could simply install & use it.

This process i find it bit confusing for me. Would you care to minimise the steps or process involved in it pls ? i am not so expert in this field.
Thanks in advance...

@XperianPro: Hi bro you have excellent contribution for Mi2S users community here.
May i request you one thing that can you make all in one single ZIP file so that after wiping cache & factory restore i could simply install & use it.

This process i find it bit confusing for me. Would you care to minimise the steps or process involved in it pls ? i am not so expert in this field.
Thanks in advance...

I guess I could make some batch file for rapartitioning but that's all you need to do by yourself,for recovery and ROM flashing zips is enough.

I guess I could make some batch file for rapartitioning but that's all you need to do by yourself,for recovery and ROM flashing zips is enough.
My bad. its ok i will try sometime later. Thanks for answering. Is it your final build or you have lot more coming soon ?
I am just curious to know !

New build is coming soon with intelliplug,intellithermal and fast USB charging and maybe linaro 4.9.1

Can we have a Dtw ( as an option) in next build? If interested ppl can enable it from /etc/xxx script or else disable it?

EDIT:
Please include these things slowly in coming builds
Some IO schedulers, SIO,FIOPS, etc
Kernel based msm_mpdecision hotplug driver by Showp1984
Kernel based Input-Boost by Showp198
Kernel-based NEON support

Last edited:
Reactions: espaciosalter20
Can I format cache in F2FS?

You can but ROM wont boot and cache partition is not used by Android anyway.

Can we have a Dtw ( as an option) in next build? If interested ppl can enable it from /etc/xxx script or else disable it?

EDIT:
Please include these things slowly in coming builds
Some IO schedulers, SIO,FIOPS, etc
Kernel based msm_mpdecision hotplug driver by Showp1984
Kernel based Input-Boost by Showp198
Kernel-based NEON support

Can you provide link to source or something.

Reactions: DjBrie
I think DTW is not good...my opinion is S2W. sensor button is activity only vs all display active from D2W..

grrr, things just can't go right. I did the repartitionning, all went fine. Reformat the 2 partitions, all ok.
I flashed the zip, flashed minimal gapps, reboot: all ok
Did a connect google account, Donwload Titanium from Playstore, did batch action restore (restore missing apps+system data), reboot.
Bang... Not OK: spinning cyanogenmod logo all the time. This means this restore method is not usable to get the phone back into pre-flash state. I'll go back to flash the ROM, flash gapps and do a piece by piece restore using Titanium, to try to recover as much as possible.

grrr, things just can't go right. I did the repartitionning, all went fine. Reformat the 2 partitions, all ok.
I flashed the zip, flashed minimal gapps, reboot: all ok
Did a connect google account, Donwload Titanium from Playstore, did batch action restore (restore missing apps+system data), reboot.
Bang... Not OK: spinning cyanogenmod logo all the time. This means this restore method is not usable to get the phone back into pre-flash state. I'll go back to flash the ROM, flash gapps and do a piece by piece restore using Titanium, to try to recover as much as possible.

Yes,sometimes phone stucks at boot animation do F2FS corruption but that's fixed by reboot.

Yes,sometimes phone stucks at boot animation do F2FS corruption but that's fixed by reboot.
Reboot didn't fix it. Now working but v slow in graphics :( I did a wipe, flash ROM, gapps. Reboot. Smarter restore, only user apps/data and system data. I have all back now. But antutu went from 26800 to 18600. 2D graphics v poor and 3D from +32 fps to 7 fps. Not exactly as expected...

Reboot didn't fix it. Now working but v slow in graphics :( I did a wipe, flash ROM, gapps. Reboot. Smarter restore, only user apps/data and system data. I have all back now. But antutu went from 26800 to 18600. 2D graphics v poor and 3D from +32 fps to 7 fps. Not exactly as expected...
When upping the gpu frequency to 450 I get remarkable better results, on graphics but overall number still below nightly CM11.
asehevag.jpg

When upping the gpu frequency to 450 I get remarkable better results, on graphics but overall number still below nightly CM11.
asehevag.jpg

Of course when your CPU is clocked at 1512 MHz.

EDIT: You have Mi2,I advise you to not use GPU over clock then

I always had a Mi2s 32MB, and my phone happily goes to 1.7GHz. So where is the issue?
patu4u6e.jpg
5u3eqa8e.jpg

Before going to the latest Linaro build I had a v nice fast phone. Not anymore now, so there must be something else funny...

I always had a Mi2s 32MB, and my phone happily goes to 1.7GHz. So where is the issue?
patu4u6e.jpg
5u3eqa8e.jpg

Before going to the latest Linaro build I had a v nice fast phone. Not anymore now, so there must be something else funny...

Sometimes while doing Antutu your phone might get "under clocked" because of temperature and that means scores will be lower.
If you see your pic your phone finished test with freq of 1512 MHz.