[tutorial] How To Enable Lte Bands On Sd625 Soc. (root) (markw)

pilililo2

Members
Nov 29, 2016
Hello guys, today i'm going to post a little tutorial on how to enable the default bands the SD625 supports. (That doesn't mean the bands will work as some of them also depend on the modem and on the antenna of the device). This might me useful for some of you folks living in Mexico, USA, or some parts of Europe.

(I'm not responsible of any damage to your phone, so proceed under your own responsibility)

For the following procedure we will need the files listed below and are available in the download link:

--Qualcomm QPST 2.7.0.437

--Qualcomm Diag Port Drivers

--NV file with all supported bands enabled (credits to 回忆中的继续@en.miui.com)

--Enable/disable Test Mode script

--I'm going to assume you have adb/fastboot installed and mildly know how to use them. Im also assuming youre rooted as the following procedure will need root permissions because of the xiaomi.eu ROM.

--I'm also assuming your bootloader is unlocked the official way.

First we will enable Test Mode in windows by executing the provided correspondent script with administrator rights and then rebooting the pc. After rebooting we will see a little watermark on the bottom right corner saying test mode enabled. After that we will install the Qualcomm Diagnostics Port drivers and then reboot your pc again.

--The process is the following for the Xiaomi.eu ROM: We will connect our device to our PC with USB Debugging enabled of course. We will open ADB in CMD and execute ''adb devices'' to check that our device is properly detected. After that we will start a SU ADB shell by issuing ''adb shell'' and then ''su'' when the shell opens and we will accept the SuperSU prompt on our device. Once we have our root adb shell we will issue the following commands: ''setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb'' and then ''setprop sys.usb.configfs 0'' (<< Thats a ZERO not an O). And our device should open the diagnostics port and it should pop up in our pc's device manager and ''Qualcomm DIAG 900something'' or similar. Once these steps are done we will install QPST and then open QPSTconfig.exe and our device should be listed there. We will go to the start menu clients in QPST and start Software Download cliente. Once the Software Download menu pops up the first thing we're going to do is make a backup of our NV just in case. Go to the backup tab, choose where to save the backed up file and click start and wait until the process finishes. Once that is done we will go to the restore tab and select as restore file in the .rar you just downloaded from the link below, being that the NV with all the LTE supported bands enabled. Once we select that file (keep in mind it is QCN not xQCN, you might have to change file type from xQCN to QCN when opening the file or else it wont show up) we wil tick the box that says ''Allow phone/file ESN mismatch'' and hit the start button. Once the process finishes we will reboot our device and check if the bands are enabled using Network Signal Guru or similar app. Last but not least to restore our pc and device we will first issue the following commands with our SU ADB shell: "setprop sys.usb.config mtp,adb'' and ''setprop sys.usb.configfs 1'', after this device usb settings should be back to normal and we can then execute the Disable Test Mode script as administrator and reboot our machine.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n8hj5dv6n924pi2/LTEbandPack.rar

Check screenshot attached of what Network Signal Guru should look like after the process (http://imgur.com/a/1Tnx8)

NOTE: I did not test out any of the enabled bands because my carrier only support 1800MHz LTE, which is already enabled by default. Please post your findings if you test any of the newly enabled bands and which ones work and which ones don't.

NOTE2: According to a test done by Ryan Stecken comparing it to the international version of the Redmi 3s, which does have the 800MHz band, the Redmi 4 Pro modem doesn't support this band, even it the SoC does and has it unlocked.

Last edited: