Xiaomi Mi 9 code name: 'Battle Angel' press launch on 20th Feb 2019

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
WechatIMG272.jpeg

Xiaomi will be releasing news of the Xiaomi Mi 9 on the 20th Feb 2019. The code name of the phone internally is 'Battle Angel' or Zhandou Tianshi '战斗天使'

Let us know what you expect specs wise? ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Don415 and HighTory
Most interesting is that Xiaomi has seemingly chosen to directly attack Samsungs release of its S10 with the Mi9 on the same day 20/2.

Can the Mi9 be so good?

Or is there some other interpretation, from Chinese culture, of "Battle Angel"? Something other than than the biblical one, or Rilkes, that I have never heard of?

Should Samsung be truly afraid, or merely amused?

Last edited:
Guys, I want to upgrade from Xiaomi Mi6 to Mi9 what do you think? Should I get chinese version and wait for xiaomi eu to release a version for the Mi9?

Probably coincidence I think @cobben

Well, they claim:

"On February 22nd, the exclusive mobile phone partner of the "Alita: Battle Angel""

But it does seem to be a connection created on the spur of the moment, not planned out ahead.

What happens 22/2?
The film was released 14/2 as I recall.
14/2 in the US, 31/1 world premier in London.

"The film is set for release in Japan and China on February 22, 2019, after the Chinese New Year holidays."

Last edited:
Guys, I want to upgrade from Xiaomi Mi6 to Mi9 what do you think? Should I get chinese version and wait for xiaomi eu to release a version for the Mi9?

I feel better wait for awhile and browse miui forum to check if there's any problem.. esp bootloader unlocking. Hopefully Xiaomi not prolong the wait time for unlocking..

Reactions: SebiC
If it has ARB enabled, as is likely, that alone is a deal killer for me personally.

Most interesting will be to see how the 3 camera system works in practice.

There is an article about how it is designed to work on the MIUI forum, real life reviews needed.

Reactions: Nuno Rocha
392,95 Euro -> 432,26 -> 523,97

But I think in the first few month the prices will be almost the twice in Europe

Already on Ali. Guys, the Chinese version comes with unlocked bootloader? 586.99 dollars with dhl

On weibo now:

From 28/2 Mi9 available in Spain officially from 449€.
6/64 and 6/128 versions.

Same here, I am in China so I plan to buy it here, but wonder if they will let the bootloader to be unlocked, as the Chinese version and Global version don't have the same bands (not like Mi 8).

sure it is the global device ! xiaomi is official represented in spain and italy..
they sell it officially.
It's only Black 6gb/64gb version. Nothing else possible. Anybody know when 6/8gb 128gb wil l be for sale?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk