• YES

Votes: 196 84.5%
  • NO

Votes: 36 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says "Wipe /data partition".

What about Dalvik Cache, Cache, Internal Storage and System? Does the ROM wipe some of those itself?

hello people,

i have a redmi pro 4, the updates for my phone are only at the end of September??

is this correct or i read it wrong?

thanks and regard´s

Mido users, is your audio good when you video record ? I got a lot of noise and strange sounds.... It's all fine in phone calls.
It's just when using video record.. Anyone?
Everyone has that audio recording problem with any rom. Greetings.

Edit: In Noisy Environments

Good day,

I installed the latest "STABLE" version on my "Xiaomi MI5S (capricorn)" being "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_V8.5.3.0.MAGCNED_v8-6.0", the system is stating Android version 6.0.1 but the devices list stating Android version should or could be 7.0.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the reply.

Kind regards,
Thijs

1) In the old MIUI on the app change screen I always had the info of free/used RAM at the bottom above the "close all apps" button. This is now gone.
2) In the security app you had a lot more options like live data usage info - this is gone too for me.
Anyone else?
3) Restoring my MIUI built-in backup did not restore my SMS nor my calendar from MIUI8.

Last edited:
Mido-I reinstalled the ROM. Handset corrected. Call time corrected speaker sound. The phone is not warming up. The speaker sound is very poor quality while listening to music. There's no bass at all so treble. Please offer a solution. thanks

fingerprint sensor on flat surfaces don't unlock device while if a take hand-on i can unlock. With previous versions (miui8 7.7.20) was worked
The same for me. Sometimes IT doesnt even work as a home button. It's really annoying. Please fix :(

Mi 6 user

Last edited:
Reactions: _HxC_
Any way to show the actual message?
bT3Eniu

Good day,

I installed the latest "STABLE" version on my "Xiaomi MI5S (capricorn)" being "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5S_V8.5.3.0.MAGCNED_v8-6.0", the system is stating Android version 6.0.1 but the devices list stating Android version should or could be 7.0.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the reply.

Kind regards,
Thijs
Hoi Thijs,

The last few weekly updates would have automatically updated your device to 7.0 ,but I don't think the last stable version did. Quite old build the stable one.

You COULD wait until the stable 9 comes out. That would update it also, but guessing it will be a while.

Groetjes vanuit Dubai

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TJ-Venlo
I have a hard time understanding the version numbers, maybe somebody can help.

Right now my Mi 6 is at "Global 8.2.2.0", and the update is "XM-MI6-GLOBAL 7.8.10". Here's what Updater is telling me after I downloaded the ROM from the global thread and specified it to Updater to flash (via recovery, not fastboot):

Screenshot_2017-08-13-19-02-29-004_com.android.updater.png

So seriously, what is up?

You are upgrading from stable to developer. Updater makes factory reset in this case, so backup everything before upgrade.

OK, but why are the version numbers for MIUI 9 lower compared to MIUI 8?... This worries me and makes me wonder if I won't end up with an ancient version stuck on Android Marshmallow.

Or do the Stable and Developer builds have separate numbering?

Silent mode does not work.
Event though it's ON I hear sound for notifications...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

OK, but why are the version numbers for MIUI 9 lower compared to MIUI 8?
For Stable rom, first number reprezent the MIUI version, but on Developer rom its different, for example 7.8.10: 7 reprezent the year, 8 for month and 10 for day.

1) In the old MIUI on the app change screen I always had the info of free/used RAM at the bottom above the "close all apps" button. This is now gone.
Check Settings - Home screen & Recents - Show memory status

Silent mode does not work.
Event though it's ON I hear sound for notifications...
I have RN4X as well and Silent mode works fine.

i have a redmi pro 4, the updates for my phone are only at the end of September??
Yes, if you mean Redmi 4 Pro, its for late September.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.