Invalid Couldn't revoke autorization/authorisation.

bugmenot1

Members
May 4, 2014
Reproduction information: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote8_V11.0.4.0.PCOCNXM_v11-9.zip
Reproduction steps:
  1. Open Settings app > Passwords & security
  2. Tap on Authorization & revocation, or Authorisation & revocation
  3. Tap on one of the enabled toggle switch (try revoking an app's authorization/authorisation), then wait 10 seconds to be able to tap the "Revoke" button.
Expected outcome: App in question is revoked.
Actual outcome: MIUI-styled "Revoking autorization…" or "Revoking authorisation…" loading message appears for less than a second followed with a com.android.settings toast with message "Couldn't revoke autorization" or "Couldn't revoke authorisation".
Reproduction chance/likelihood/frequency: Every time/always/100%/guarenteed to be reproducted on my reproduction environment.

Attached are "logcat_after pressing Autorization and revocation or Autorisation and revocation.txt" after step 2 and "logcat_after pressing revoke.txt" after step 3.

Thank you very much, hope this bug report is able to locate the issue.

Attachments

• logcat_after pressing Autorization and revocation or Autorisation and revocation.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 691
  • logcat_after pressing revoke.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 465
I solved this, turns out the culprit was EdXposed-SandHook-v0.4.6.4_beta.Justins.Fork.SePolicy.zip

I think you need to actually disable Xposed for the setting to be able to be changed instead of following the steps below.

To solve the issue, open edxposed manager, and enable compat mode for "Android System" package, with package id "android", de-optimize the app by tapping on the item and pressing de-optimize as shown below, then doing a hard (not soft) reboot.

fun fact, the relevant setting is stored on /data/system/users/0/settings_secure.xml, for example:
<setting id="179" name="privacy_status_com.miui.securitycenter" value="1" package="android" defaultValue="1" defaultSysSet="true" />
set value="1" to grant authorization, else set value="0" to revoke it.

Last edited: