INSANE Battery drain when Gallery/Camera App opened in background! Poco F3

Kipac

Members
Oct 13, 2022
Sup guys, im having HUGE battery drain issues if gallery app is left open in the background, even while the phone is locked, the phone gets hot as well, im talking 10% in 5 minutes if left there.

Ive even restricted background activity completley (prolly doesnt work) in manage apps, and disabled autostart.

I got no idea whats going on.

Phone: Poco F3, 13.0.7 Stable, EU rom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-01-21-03-01-775_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-01-21-03-01-775_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 507
If you tap on the gallery entry does it show any more info? Some apps give a breakdown.. Also have your photo sync settings - could the gallery be doing a batch upload to cloud?

If you tap on the gallery entry does it show any more info? Some apps give a breakdown.. Also have your photo sync settings - could the gallery be doing a batch upload to cloud?
It says that all my photos/videos are synced, so nothing is being downloaded/uploaded. As soon as i open the app i feel the heat on the top part of the phone (im guessing thats where the cpu is)

Same here. Gallery App drains alot of my Battery. And i dont even have sync on. So it couldnt load up something in the background.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-14-10-59-13-569_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-14-10-59-13-569_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 231
If you tap the gallery entry does it show any more info? Does the 'app behaviour' (settings - Apps - Manage apps - gallery - app behaviour) show any clues?

Sadly it doesnt show any clues. Only thing it shows is, that the activity was mostly on the background.
Screenshot_2022-11-28-17-11-01-686_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Active is down to one second cause i force closed the app to reduce the battery drain. Currently i have to do that every time or the phone heats up and the battery just drains extremely

Sadly it doesnt show any clues. Only thing it shows is, that the activity was mostly on the background. View attachment 44783
Active is down to one second cause i force closed the app to reduce the battery drain. Currently i have to do that every time or the phone heats up and the battery just drains extremely
Delete every photo or video that can be corrected/incomplete/have emojis in the name

How can i see photos that can be corrected or are incomplete? I have 1000+ photos and cant really go trough every single one

Reactions: NiQer
i have this problem and it comes from some videos that gallery app cant load i delete the videos that cant be laoded and force stop the app

I'm having the same problem, my battery used to survive an entire day now it barely makes it to 3 hours cause of the gallery, it will also not download photos directly to the gallery sometimes and I have to do it manually

Had this problem for months now. Just revoke storage permissions from the gallery app and use a different app as gallery. Xiaomi apps that always use the gallery (ex. clicking last picture in the camera) will suck to use with this but oh well.
Xiaomi needs to fix this.