MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried that too.

I cannot remember exactly the message I get from the command prompt... I think it's ” waiting for device”.

I have the phone the command to reboot into recovery, it works, reboot into fastboot, it works. Just the command to flash the .img does nothing.

When I reboot into bootloader I get a green Android mascot with a red star on his hat. Is that it?

Then when I give the fastboot command I think the mascot disappears and I get something written on the top left of the screen with small small small letters.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I've tried that too.

I cannot remember exactly the message I get from the command prompt... I think it's ” waiting for device”.

I have the phone the command to reboot into recovery, it works, reboot into fastboot, it works. Just the command to flash the .img does nothing.

When I reboot into bootloader I get a green Android mascot with a red star on his hat. Is that it?

Then when I give the fastboot command I think the mascot disappears and I get something written on the top left of the screen with small small small letters.

The mascot looks something similar to this?
fastboot-1.jpg

An image of the screen with the "small small letters" will be good

Reactions: DTTR76
That's the mascot.
I will try to make a photo of the small small small text. It's so small I cannot read it.

Ok. Thanks.

Can you please provide a valid TWRP image for the MiMix3?

And finally.

All I write is from memory...
I downloaded some archive with a program that is supposed to help me write back the "original" MIUI if something goes wrong.
I connect the phone with the mascot to the laptop. I launch the program, I press ”refresh" somewhere on the top right, then my device appears in the program. Now I can choose the MIUI (not sure what extension it is... kdz or zip).
Is that the correct way of "getting out of trouble"?

I do the same thing when I mess up LG devices.

Great, I'll give it another try one of these days.
I'll look for a TWRP image.
I remember downloading it from the TWRP site... It was 3-4 days ago.

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: geoorg
Great, I'll give it another try one of these days.
I'll look for a TWRP image.
I remember downloading it from the TWRP site... It was 3-4 days ago.

Thank you for your help.

You're welcome. :)

Reactions: DTTR76
Again. A huge file, 64Mb.
I remember the LG ones being smaller and the HTC being tiny. These are the devices I've rooted and custom ROMed before (HTC Evo3D, LG G3, LG GPad 8.3 and LG G6). Never ever have I've seen a 64 Mb recovery image.
But nevertheless I'll give it a go.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Again. A huge file, 64Mb.
I remember the LG ones being smaller and the HTC being tiny. These are the devices I've rooted and custom ROMed before (HTC Evo3D, LG G3, LG GPad 8.3 and LG G6). Never ever have I've seen a 64 Mb recovery image.
But nevertheless I'll give it a go.

64MB is actually small.
We have recoveries with 128mb.
So I'll say you are in luck ;)

Hope it works out well for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70
Thanks for the ROM.

Dirty flashed the 12.2.1 ROM for Mi10 Pro and the full screen gestures no longer work. Are there any tips to fix this?

Hi:
In my specific case (POCO F2 PRO 8GB RAM), it has not been fluid, with bugs. It's not for me yet android 11 with the stable xiaomi.eu version. I'm looking forward to a better twrp too. My biggest problem was the intrusive advertising, but removing MSA with XiaomiADBFastbootTools everything has improved

Thanks for your work
Thank you.

You have to reboot your phone in fastboot mode using any of the following options
1, "adb reboot bootloader"
2, hold vol- while rebooting your device
3, using the extended power menu

Then flash twrp using command line
"fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"

finally
"fastboot reboot"
and hold vol+ key to boot to twrp

It does not work.

The device is shown into adb devices.
The reboot command goes trough.
The guy with the hat comes on.
The flash recovery command does not go trough.

I disconnect the phone, long press the power button and the phone reboots into Android.

And the video of the procedure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
It does not work.

The device is shown into adb devices.
The reboot command goes trough.
The guy with the hat comes on.
The flash recovery command does not go trough.

I disconnect the phone, long press the power button and the phone reboots into Android.

And the video of the procedure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems you don't have fastboot drivers installed.
Download and install fastboot drivers for your device

Last edited:
Reactions: mrumais
I will.

i did...
i've googled fastboot drivers for mi mix 3.
i dowloaded SOMETHING.
i virustotal scanned it.

it was a zip.

then an exe.

i launched the exe and asked me if i want to install the adb... systemwide... i said yes. so it did...
the directory it created is in C:\ADB and has the fastboot.exe inside it...

i have THE SAME RESULT.

the <waiting for device>

Last edited:
I will.

I also prepared an easy tool to help with the adb and fastboot commands, so you don't have to type anything(except choosing options). If you want this tool let me know. Makes the whole flashing process easier

Last edited:
Reactions: mrumais
You're too kind.
I really really think that the Xiaomi.eu forum should have a "resources" section.

I am unable to find or install the proper tools to make a simple job.

As much as I like this phone... I'm really really close on giving up on it, and buy a LG G8S. At least I'm familiar with the LG ecosystem.

The learning curve and the amount of data scattered on tens of websites almost made me give up.

You're too kind.
I really really think that the Xiaomi.eu forum should have a "resources" section.

I am unable to find or install the proper tools to make a simple job.

As much as I like this phone... I'm really really close on giving up on it, and buy a LG G8S. At least I'm familiar with the LG ecosystem.

The learning curve and the amount of data scattered on tens of websites almost made me give up.

I agree with you that there's a lot of information scattered over the web. And it's quite confusing and overwhelming sometimes. But Don't give up. You're just new to the xiaomi ecosystem... that's all.
Give it time, you'll get it. I was like that 6 months ago. But look at me now :emoji_wink:

Last edited:
I agree with you that there's a lot of information scattered over the web. And it's quite confusing and overwhelming sometimes. But Don't give up. You're just new to the xiaomi ecosystem... that's all.
Give it time, you'll get it. I was like that 6 months ago. But look at me now :emoji_wink:

The phone runs smoothly, it is not connected to any Google services, nor Xiaomi ones.

That's why I'm not so sure about installing another ROM.

My main issue still remains the fastboot drivers for the 10th gen Intel Windows 10 Pro laptop.

I will.

i did...
i've googled fastboot drivers for mi mix 3.
i dowloaded SOMETHING.
i virustotal scanned it.

it was a zip.

then an exe.

i launched the exe and asked me if i want to install the adb... systemwide... i said yes. so it did...
the directory it created is in C:\ADB and has the fastboot.exe inside it...

i have THE SAME RESULT.

the <waiting for device>

That is different from the file is sent to you. what you installed is "adb drivers"
What i sent to you is "Qualcomm usb drivers" this should enable you run fastboot commands

Status
Not open for further replies.