MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

thanks for the immediate reply. what would you suggest, ill flash my 11T Pro with TWRP?
fastboot is very convenient updating the phone. thanks so much
If you want to use the latest Xiaomi.eu ROM, then you don't have a choice but to use TWRP. I'm not sure I understand your question.

I thank you so much for your advice. Done and flashed via TWRP. Thanks
Hi @humanist

Maybe you can guide me through as you had success... I am new to the community, so please excuse me if I did not find the information I am looking for via the search function. I tried.

I have a Mi 11 Ultra running on MIUI 13 V13.0.12.0.SKACNXM (stable). I installed this version in April 2022 using Fastboot which even I understood how to do. However now I receive version V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM (stable) via OTA Updater which doesn't come with the Fastboot Version...

I downloaded the Update Package and wanted to install it. I only end up in the MIUI Recovery 5.0 which is all in Chinese. I gathered I must not run anything I can't even read what it does when executed...

I read here that you have to install TWRP via Fastboot and then run the Recovery Version of the current update. To me this is way too complicated and I fear to accidentally wipe all data or end up stuck in bootloop...

Do you have an advice for me or a watertight step by step instruction how to update this?

Sidenote to Xiaomi: In my humble opinion it is absolutely ridiculous to only be able to update if you are able to execute 124 steps and if you mess one up it's all brick! My mother or anyone else I know could not do that. And I did not experience such difficulties with other phone brands such as Samsung and HTC.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheerio

Sidenote to Xiaomi: In my humble opinion it is absolutely ridiculous to only be able to update if you are able to execute 124 steps and if you mess one up it's all brick! My mother or anyone else I know could not do that. And I did not experience such difficulties with other phone brands such as Samsung and HTC.
Umm... This isn't an official Xiaomi ROM. Official updates are as easy to install as any other brand.

Reactions: pilleelvis
Umm... This isn't an official Xiaomi ROM. Official updates are as easy to install as any other brand.
I don't get it, sorry. ;-) Since I have purchased this Phone from China I always had to use the TWRP on the Phone to update plus had to check on YouTube for instruction videos to know what Chinese panels to push to change the language to German to select update package previously downloaded...

But then this year it changed to Fastboot which I also got to learn and now back to TWRP. But this time I end up in MIUI Recovery 5.0 from which I have no chance of selecting the update package I gather?

So obviously I am doing something wrong? Do you have an idea what it is or what I should do now?

Thank you.

I don't get it, sorry. ;-) Since I have purchased this Phone from China I always had to use the TWRP on the Phone to update plus had to check on YouTube for instruction videos to know what Chinese panels to push to change the language to German to select update package previously downloaded...

But then this year it changed to Fastboot which I also got to learn and now back to TWRP. But this time I end up in MIUI Recovery 5.0 from which I have no chance of selecting the update package I gather?

So obviously I am doing something wrong? Do you have an idea what it is or what I should do now?

Thank you.
Katerpanne have put together a nice guide : https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/howto-install-recovery-image.66211/

Which part you don't get? It's not Xiaomi's fault that you chose to buy a Chinese version instead of a European version.

Hi, i installed the TWRP 5.1_A12 version on Mi12 pro and from the settings i changed the language to greek.
I see the main menu and the only choices that do work are the installation and reboot when i press the rest of the choices the TWRP reboots and i keep returning to the main menu.
I am writing because i need your help on how to change to language to English again so the TWRP works properly .

Reactions: IntegratedGraphics
That worked. Thank you.

I haven't run MIUI EU in a couple of years. The next time there is an update can MIUI EU be updated via OTA or will it need to be updated with fastboot
you should be updating the next releases via the TWRP recovery from now on, so you don't have to go through fastboot anymore

No you are good if you are on 13.0.8.0 because this is under A12 ,now just flash this Twrp recovery for Mi11 this one supports encryption on A12
Here is a tutorial on how you can perform this twrp installation:
That version of TWRP worked for me but the tutorial on how to install TWRP should be ignored. It was designed to install TWRP before there was a working version of TWRP on Android 12. All people need to do is boot into TWRP (bootloader boot TWRP.img) and install the recovery ROM zip. For the MI 11 phones the ROM itself will replace the stock recovery with TWRP automatically and install it on the phone. The version of TWRP you recommended decrypts the memory fine. It also eliminated the can't mount system partition errors that I was encountering. After hours of unsuccessfully trying to install the recovery ROM on my MI 11 that build of TWRP installed it on the first try exactly the way it's supposed to install so I'm guessing most of the problems people are encountering is being caused by TWRP. Thanks again.

Hi @humanist

Maybe you can guide me through as you had success... I am new to the community, so please excuse me if I did not find the information I am looking for via the search function. I tried.

I have a Mi 11 Ultra running on MIUI 13 V13.0.12.0.SKACNXM (stable). I installed this version in April 2022 using Fastboot which even I understood how to do. However now I receive version V13.0.13.0.SKACNXM (stable) via OTA Updater which doesn't come with the Fastboot Version...

I downloaded the Update Package and wanted to install it. I only end up in the MIUI Recovery 5.0 which is all in Chinese. I gathered I must not run anything I can't even read what it does when executed...

I read here that you have to install TWRP via Fastboot and then run the Recovery Version of the current update. To me this is way too complicated and I fear to accidentally wipe all data or end up stuck in bootloop...

Do you have an advice for me or a watertight step by step instruction how to update this?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheerio
With the Chinese recovery the top option is to reboot your phone so all you need to do to get out of that is hit the power button for enter. There might be another menu with two options but you just hit power again and your phone will reboot. If you were going to install the official ROM the third button is for using the official MIUI Helper flashing program which you need to be careful using because it will lock your bootloader by default unless you manually untick that option before flashing.

Normally but if you have a MI 11 nearly all of them are the Chinese hardware version with the bootloader unlocked and the Global ROM installed. If you try to update the official Global ROM the Chinese MI 11 is really prone to bricking. Most people think it's a hard brick because you can't flash any official MIUI ROM after that happens but I was eventually able to get out of it by flashing the MIUI EU fastboot ROM.

Reactions: Rontaler
Hi @humanist

Many thanks in advance.

Cheerio
You can ignore any step in instructions that tell you to install TWRP. You just need to boot into TWRP (bootloader boot TWRP.img or TWRP.exe--whatever the file extension is). That will open TWRP on your phone which you use to flash the ROM zip. If you follow the instructions step by step (but don't install TWRP because you only want to boot into it) you should be able to install the recovery ROM and after it's installed the OTA function in the ROM should work for future updates. The problems most people are experiencing are because many of the current TWRP builds don't work that well. If you follow the instructions and don't actually install TWRP you won't brick your phone even if the ROM install doesn't work--you'll either boot back into your current version of MIUI EU or you'll boot into the stock recovery. Like I said if your stock recovery is iChinese hit the power button once or twice because the top button in the recovery is for rebooting your phone. I wouldn't give up so easily. Good luck.

Reactions: IntegratedGraphics
hello to all now that the twrp is available would it be possible to have a tutorial for its installation?
How to install TWRP device A/B::
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/22-6-15.66132/page-5#post-661698
or

Reactions: katerpanne
How to install TWRP device A/B::
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/22-6-15.66132/page-5#post-661698
or
Is it possible to go from a fastboot rom to a TWRP one one without a factory reset?