MULTI MIUI Multi Lang 2.10.26 [ICS & JB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Ss.png
    Ss.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 408
Thanks, that did indeed show all the languages. I wanted to do some further digging though to sort it out, I installed the langpack from 2.9.29 which worked previously (from memory) however I still only have two Chinese and English languages. So it's probably something wrong with my ROM. This is going to take a while to figure out....

here is issue with multilangs of LT18i... framework-miui-res.apk does not including multilang strings... issue with building script...

Attachments

• Snímka.PNG
    Snímka.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 398
need full logcat.. not just first page... menu - copy...

Here it is:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service com.android.systemui.
SystemUIService: java.lang.SecurityException: invalid status bar icon slot: privacy_mode
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:2275)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1600(ActivityThread.java:127)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1213)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4507)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:790)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:557)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: invalid status bar icon slot: privacy_mode
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1327)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1281)
at com.android.internal.statusbar.IStatusBarService$Stub$Proxy.setIcon(IStatusBarService.java:348)
at android.app.StatusBarManager.setIcon(StatusBarManager.java:128)
at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarPolicy.<init>(PhoneStatusBarPolicy.java:169)
at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBar.start(PhoneStatusBar.java:351)
at com.android.systemui.SystemUIService.onCreate(SystemUIService.java:93)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:2265)
... 10 more

Reactions: ingbrzy
Here it is:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service com.android.systemui.
SystemUIService: java.lang.SecurityException: invalid status bar icon slot: privacy_mode
... 10 more

Looks like some arrays are out of date. Best bet. If you can't translate it, remove it!

Then it will pull defaults from the values/ folder which is maintained per device. If you fill some arrays that are non-translatable it will cause bugs on some devices, work on some. etc.

Reactions: vagyula
here is issue with multilangs of LT18i... framework-miui-res.apk does not including multilang strings... issue with building script...

values-xx should never been viewable in archive. Those are compiled into resources.arsc. So something is borked with your scripts.

Here is screenshot from WIP directory of LT18i. Everything is there.
Screenshot from 2012-10-28 09:57:07.png

Yeah, I dunno where that APK came from. I decompiled framework-miui and I see a lot of values-xx folders. But still, as we tested - MoreLocale 2 shows the new languages and setting them works fine. But still in the Settings > Languages option there is only the two Chinese and English.

It's as if there is an actual problem with the "Settings" code, but if that were so then it wouldnt make sense that it's only broken on LT18i.

I'm convinced that it's an issue with the Arc S ROM, because now my port is 90% Arc S based. The only thing I need to replace to get it to boot (at least) on other Xperia 2011's are the lib\hw and the camera libs. Everything else is pure MIUI, and yeah I installed it without any of my/our mods to test too.

BTW, I tried deleting IME but that didn't help.

values-xx should never been viewable in archive. Those are compiled into resources.arsc. So something is borked with your scripts.

Here is screenshot from WIP directory of LT18i. Everything is there.
View attachment 4874
ok my bad.. I decompiled only english release.. not multilang.. sorry.. :)

Looks like some arrays are out of date. Best bet. If you can't translate it, remove it!

Then it will pull defaults from the values/ folder which is maintained per device. If you fill some arrays that are non-translatable it will cause bugs on some devices, work on some. etc.

I deleted array.xml,and values-hu non-translate stings, but still MiuiSystemUI FC.

@ingbrzy:
Can you try the hungarian language on the GT-I9100? (set hungarian language,then reboot)

I deleted array.xml,and values-hu non-translate stings, but still MiuiSystemUI FC.

@ingbrzy:
Can you try the hungarian language on the GT-I9100? (set hungarian language,then reboot)
yes, FCs are here... I removed lot of non translatable strings from your repo and fix structure of repo... I will make a test build i9100 for you with only hu translation added and after that, let me know if its working...

Reactions: vagyula
Automatic screen brightness broke once again after applying the language pack in the Motorola RAZR XT910 using Brazilian Portuguese language. I replaced the /system/framework/framework-res.apk provided by the translator to fix it in v2.10.19 and, after a reboot, it worked fine.
Another issue I noticed is that stock "Backup" application forces close when I hit the "Backup" button in the main window, but it works fine if I change the system language from Brazilian Portuguese to English. I attached the report file, maybe it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• fc_backup.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 396
The most important of the Arabic language is Arabic keyboard
So I can write letters, names or search for anything on the Internet please attention on the keyboard Arab

The most important of the Arabic language is Arabic keyboard
So I can write letters, names or search for anything on the Internet please attention on the keyboard Arab

That's not MIUI's problem, it uses Google Keyboard. So contact Google for that feature request. Or, even easier, use a custom keyboard app from the Play Store.

Something wrong with LT-26i language pack. I still have english and chinese after LP flash.

I always use Xiami Miui Rom. Since I dont know when. But PLEASEEEEEEE can you add a feature to Sort Apps based on A-Z or Z-A, or based on Categories or Based on Date Installed or based on Size. A lot of Launchers have this feature. So why MIUI ROM doesnt have this. And another thing. Once the Dot Indicator of the screen, had the touch-feature so one could go directly to the desired screen. So why this is not available any more? Pleaseeeeee add this features. My respect for your job.

You should take a look into framework-miui-res.apk... if there are no values-xx-rXX there is no lang to choose from...

Try app MoreLocale 2 from PlayStore for choose yours language....
I always use Xiami Miui Rom. Since I dont know when. But PLEASEEEEEEE can you add a feature to Sort Apps based on A-Z or Z-A, or based on Categories or Based on Date Installed or based on Size. A lot of Launchers have this feature. So why MIUI ROM doesnt have this. And another thing. Once the Dot Indicator of the screen, had the touch-feature so one could go directly to the desired screen. So why this is not available any more? Pleaseeeeee add this features. My respect for your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.