Release MIUI ROM 2.3.23 ROMS [ICS] & [GB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
==The ROM is the best so far i have seen== Love MIUI.. Love Mark..
I am on MIUI 2.3.23 with Galaxy S2. Call reject with SMS doesn't work. i.e. when i reject a call with predefined sms message, the other party does not receive any SMS and also i do not find any SMS in my phone log. Is anybody having same problem?

Hello everyone,

I encountered some problems in the ROM MIUI 2.3.23 in my Galaxy GT-I9000.

1) The native SIP client has a big problem, that only works in WiFi connection, and not when you are logged in 3/4G.
I did a search and found a possible solution in the XDA forum, the link [GUIDE] How to add native SIP stack for Android WiFi AND 3G calls (full Instructions) [Archive] - xda-developers which explains how to modify the file res \ values ​​\ bools.xml comes in the framework-res.apk.
It is within this file to change the parameter "config_sip_wifi_only" by setting it to "true" to "false" and recompile the package to replace the original in order to enable the SIP network also in 3/4G.
The procedure is not difficult, but unfortunately when I go to compile the package, I get an error.
Using the SIP protocol to have a landline number available on the phone, and I would be very helpful if someone could help me out.

2) conducting tests with OpenVPN VPN, and trying to connect the native SIP client to an Asterisk server inside the vpn, the SIP client does not reach the server. From the log it seems that the SIP client has a problem when routing packets to send to an address inside the vpn.

3) about the VPN, tun.ko the module is not loaded when starting the connection, and this does not start. To make it go from a terminal emulator I had to manually modprobe tun.

Thank you for helping me want to solve these problems, certainly related to an enhanced system, but also the only ones I found with this wonderful work you did.

Sorry for my bad english!

correct. GNEX LTE is coming soon :)

Can't wait! This whole miui scene is confusing me lol. Never used it before yesterday. Always thought it was stupid...til I tried it and really dig it now. I tried 2.3.16 I believe and worked well except it showed an R for the signal icon and seemed to have slow data speeds. Flashed back to axiom for my gnex and looking forward to cdma miui drop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just updated my Samsung Galaxy S2 from MIUI 2.3.16 to 2.3.23. A couple of bugs rightaway:

Double SMS: Recipients keep getting double SMSes from my end, even though in SMS records only 1 sent SMS appears. I also get multiple delivery reports meaning they are actually been sent repeatedly. Anyone got a patch for this? Need it urgent, keeps p****ng my friends off!

No Contant Names in SMS app: I have contacts saved in my Contacts, but in SMS app it's just showing them as their phone numbers. It's not showing their names. It's also happening for random people it seems. Only to people from whom I got the msgs after updating the ROM. Those who sent msgs before this haven't had their names vanished.

Rest is working smooth so far, I'll keep posting updates in case I notice any more bugs.

FYI I read in the thread that the devs think its a LPQ firmware problem (2.3.16 was LPB based I think). Well I upgraded to XXLPQ firmware once before going MIUI v4 and didn't notice such a problem then. Can someone please suggest a solution? Thanks!

Nice how you completly ignore this thread. It's not that hard to read 11 pages...I can understand why ppl like Mark are pissed.
Even my post mentioned, that LPQ has nothing to do with double SMS.

The guys here can not work with "my problem is...". They said it really often now...use LOGCAT. I am not used to it now, but...little bit of google will help -> http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/logcat.html.

Whoa calm down dude! Relax. Not everyone is an Android Troubleshooting ninja like you. Sorry to say, but noobs still exist in this world.

I'll share the LOGCAT here. Although a simple request for it would have been enough. You've got a grand total of 2 posts in the forums urself, and already u sound like ur carrying the burden of the world on ur shoulder. That's the winning attitude :) *thumbs up*

Whoa calm down dude! Relax. Not everyone is an Android Troubleshooting ninja like you. Sorry to say, but noobs still exist in this world.

I'll share the LOGCAT here. Although a simple request for it would have been enough. You've got a grand total of 2 posts in the forums urself, and already u sound like ur carrying the burden of the world on ur shoulder. That's the winning attitude :) *thumbs up*
OK Guys, please calm down :) we're all friends here (Hopefully)

As for that bug, it is a known one, check the bug forum first before posting new bugs and also make sure they are posted to the bug section now to the release threads.

Thanks,

Mark

My dear fellow Miui lovers. Everything is normal, the developers geting peed off, the noobs asking beginner questions and the people getting peed off with the noobs. It is how we all learn. Noobs learn to read, developers learn the level of knowledge in the subjects they are dealing with and how to practice understanding. This is natural to every single forum and is based on the fact that most often people are too used to google searches so for them to actually read into a thread and follow is rather almost impossible until it is their only avenue. In this fast paste world we expect to click twice and the answer is there. But I can promise you that no amount of complaining at the noobs nor complaining to developers will ever change human beings as a group. What we can change however is the tone in which we deliver our accusation/argument. When we do it in a positive way, good vibes get spread and the rom gets better. If we do it in a miff way, bad vibes are spread and the rom becomes poo poo. So lets change the world by changing our vibe and our tone. Yes we all have a gripe and yes 9/10 our gripe is noteworthy. However, if we put that gripe forward in a helpfull way, we all benefit. These are the most friendly and helpfull developers I have ever come across, lets not, as the users, miff Miui out. Just take a look at the other forum begining with an x, the arrogance, pride and miff vibe in their makes one want to vomit when you try to enquire about a small aspect of building etc. Lets keep it clean, lighthearted and smooth, here on Miui as it is right now. Its about the love for art and creating something from nothing. So, think before you sqaawk, and treat each other as you would like to be treated.

Reactions: black_mamba
I hope fix the problem on the double sms, i have SGS2, everything is smooth, fast and the battery response good, thanks for your hard work Mark, keep going, respect, you are the master! LOL

Alright I just exported the LogCat and attached the txt file. Please someone look into it & see if it helps. Me off to the bugs section as Mark advised :)

qoob: Sorry bro, if I retorted too rudely. Peace! :)

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-03-24-19-25-22+0500.txt
    75.8 KB · Views: 260
Alright I just exported the LogCat and attached the txt file. Please someone look into it & see if it helps. Me off to the bugs section as Mark advised :)

qoob: Sorry bro, if I retorted too rudely. Peace! :)
Oops, to hasty of me ;).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

people plz your help!first of all great rom,
now,look i fan of miui and i got sensation but now in this roms we canot change the themes fully (dialer status etc...)
that what made miui so uniqe,
my question is are the developers working to fix this or it will never be the same :-(

now,look i fan of miui and i got sensation but now in this roms we canot change the themes fully (dialer status etc...)
my question is are the developers working to fix this or it will never be the same :-(

Give it time.. known issue but its being worked on.

Hello,
I have a SGII and I was at 2.3.16 (ICS). I rebooted in recovery, installed the new room and then it justs stays at the boot image forever. I tried to wipe/reset all and dalvik cache and then reinstall it again but still the same problem.
Now I have installed the previous rom (2.3.16). Can anyone tell me the exact steps to make it work?

Hello,
I have a SGII and I was at 2.3.16 (ICS). I rebooted in recovery, installed the new room and then it justs stays at the boot image forever. I tried to wipe/reset all and dalvik cache and then reinstall it again but still the same problem.
Now I have installed the previous rom (2.3.16). Can anyone tell me the exact steps to make it work?
when did you download the ROM?

sure they are... but not quite yet ;) give 'em time to deal with other serious bugs first :D

MMS FC Errors on SGS2 + Mms.apk FC is Fixed!

But how to apply it? What is MD5?
I tried to find related thread but still I have no idea what is MD5 and how to apply it.
Help me! :)

MMS FC Errors on SGS2 + Mms.apk FC is Fixed!

But how to apply it? What is MD5?
I tried to find related thread but still I have no idea what is MD5 and how to apply it.
Help me! :)
you dont apply the MD5, that is only for checking the file is valid and identical to the one hosted on our mirror.

you need to click the download link!

Reactions: Amyrull Fazmi
when did you download the ROM?
It's the new version. I downloaded today before 4-5 hours.
Now I have again the 2.3.16 (clean at this time with no programms) so the proper procedure should be just to install the new one (2.3.23) without any wipe. Am I correct?

It's the new version. I downloaded today before 4-5 hours.
Now I have again the 2.3.16 (clean at this time with no programms) so the proper procedure should be just to install the new one (2.3.23) without any wipe. Am I correct?
yes, the rom was fully tested by users and no ones reported issues getting boot now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.