[icons] Mia Ex - Miui Icon Addon Extended ... Huge!

okay thanks for this! so impossible to make mtz file because it needs setup those system default icons also etc..?
That is not the point. The reasons can be read in this thread.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4X mit Tapatalk

Do you have more icons also for Limitless theme..?

Do you have more icons also for Limitless theme..?
Currently that's not available, but I will start working on it I guess. Icon masking mod needs to be implemented.

Reactions: UnderTheGun
Do your mods include icon mask? I.e. will the round icon mod also apply a round mask to unthemed icons?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

@t-ryder I hope you're not giving up on this, it has been couple of days since the download link is removed. Great work and it's so much better than the alternative. On an unrelated note I'll try to adapt my frequently used apps to the new live icon format, I can let you know about the results if you are interested.

HI! Thanks for this! This is amazing! Can you update the apk version with the latest icons? That would be great!
Thanks again!

Hi. Thank you for your work, it's beautiful. I'm waiting for you to re-upload the icons for miui 9

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

@t-ryder I hope you're not giving up on this, it has been couple of days since the download link is removed. Great work and it's so much better than the alternative. On an unrelated note I'll try to adapt my frequently used apps to the new live icon format, I can let you know about the results if you are interested.
Sure. Show me.

HI! Thanks for this! This is amazing! Can you update the apk version with the latest icons? That would be great!
Thanks again!
APK Version? You mean mimaui? It's a different project and mimaui is final/discontinued.

Reactions: Mr.C11
APK Version? You mean mimaui? It's a different project and mimaui is final/discontinued.

Yes I talked about the apk.
Well this is a bad news for me but understandable.

Updated to v17.0.
Sorry for the previous chaotic concept.
See changelogs.

Reactions: Mr.C11
Hey man, props for this tool! I was searching for something similar for quite some time now, and have just stumbled upon it here by accident.

The thing I also like about it is that you can insert your own custom icons. For those who are wondering how to do that, you extract the .zip file, go to "..\system\media\theme\miui_mod_icons\" folder, create your own 192x192 .png cutout image / icon in Photoshop or similar tool, and name that image with the Android package name (or Google Play ID) of the app you want to change icon of (for example, Google Chrome is com.android.chrome). You can find that for each app by going to app's Google Play Store link, and then reading the part after ?id=, or by using some 3rd party app such as AIDA64). Then you place the icons inside that folder, create .zip again, flash that and voila.

I wanted to ask you something tho. As you probably know, xiaomi.eu ROM comes with his own set of added 3rd party app icons, some of which are pretty nice and I got used to them. What I tried to use your tool for is to replace only the icons I want, so I tried to remove all of the icons from that folder I didn't want changed, and left only those I want to change, hoping that all the rest of the icons that don't have their source inside miui_mod_icons folder would stay intact and keep using those icons that came with xiaomi.eu. However, 3rd party app icons were completely removed and were using white background cutout. After that I tried to see what would happen if I remove default icon file located at "..\system\media\theme\default\", and then flash it, and after that background wasn't white anymore, but was the default gradient colored one that follows the icon tone.

So this basically I'm interested how to leave some icons from xiaomi.eu, and also insert some of my own. I managed to do the second one, but am still curious about the method how to do the first one, so it comes down to these questions:

1. Is there a way to replace only the icons with those found inside miui_mod_icons folder, and leave the existing ones intact (so that you have the existing xiaomi.eu custom app icon, instead of removing it altogether and having default icon with white background)?

2. If not, is there a way or some existing script with which you can change each individual icon (so not all of them, but only the ones I want, by placing desired icons inside some folder, and then zipping it and flashing zip file)?

3. If not, is there a way to extract custom 3rd party app icons that are inside xiaomi.eu ROM, so I can place some of them inside your miui_mod_icons folder?

Cheers and thanks again for this great tool and all your effort, having such a huge base of 13.000+ icons is really admirable.

Hey man, props for this tool! I was searching for something similar for quite some time now, and have just stumbled upon it here by accident.

The thing I also like about it is that you can insert your own custom icons. For those who are wondering how to do that, you extract the .zip file, go to "..\system\media\theme\miui_mod_icons\" ...
The updater script removes/cleans up miui_mod_icons when flashing and puts the one included to the system. All you want to be there needs to be in the pack you flash.

May I use this icon pack for my own non-miui rom? Not a public version, just for me, but firstly I have to figure it out how to integrate to the system...

May I use this icon pack for my own non-miui rom? Not a public version, just for me, but firstly I have to figure it out how to integrate to the system...
Sure. The CC license grants this.

I made an add-on for the MIUI theming engine on XXHDPI devices running MIUI 8.
If you like the standard theme of MIUI 8 (as I prefer it), you can extend and skin your app icons
with this pack including thousands of app and activity icons.

Read the info at the download page please.

DOWNLOAD PAGE LINK

Link is dead: "page can't be found".
Also I can't find your alternative icon pack: have you removed it?

Here's the working..

Could you just maybe not post links that bypass my php download manager? I use it for a reason. Thanks. Maybe link to the top level domain / project page and not the file itself.

1. Is there a way to replace only the icons with those found inside miui_mod_icons folder, and leave the existing ones intact (so that you have the existing xiaomi.eu custom app icon, instead of removing it altogether and having default icon with white background)?

2. If not, is there a way or some existing script with which you can change each individual icon (so not all of them, but only the ones I want, by placing desired icons inside some folder, and then zipping it and flashing zip file)?

3. If not, is there a way to extract custom 3rd party app icons that are inside xiaomi.eu ROM, so I can place some of them inside your miui_mod_icons folder?

Check the updater script of MIA ex and learn to understand what it does.
Here are some the icon resources of the xiaomi.eu weekly ROMs (that are needed to mod MIA ex), try to understand how the icon engine works.
Then modify MIA ex to your liking using 7-zip (you can unzip those files with no filetype) and notepad++ (on Windows).
LINK

Link is dead: "page can't be found".

Link updated in OP.
Why didn't you just click @ "projects" @ the website main menu? o_O

Also I can't find your alternative icon pack: have you removed it?

Variations with alternative icon masking and the MIUI 8 versions are discontinued and removed from the server. Sorry, I try to keep it simple and I share (with style) what I tinker for myself... And I use MIUI 9. :)

Check the updater script of MIA ex and learn to understand what it does.
Here are some the icon resources of the xiaomi.eu weekly ROMs (that are needed to mod MIA ex), try to understand how the icon engine works.
Then modify MIA ex to your liking using 7-zip (you can unzip those files with no filetype) and notepad++ (on Windows).
LINK
Will check. Thanks a lot!