MIUI 12.0 MIUI 12.0/12.1/12.2/12.5 STABLE RELEASE

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Connect your phone to the PC, start fastboot, type fastboot devices, download the 3.4.21206 twrp, type fastboot boot twrp.img and you should be good to go.
I believe you can find your way through, even if I wasn't detailed enough.
:)

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

Reactions: gkalen
Connect your phone to the PC, start fastboot, type fastboot devices, download the 3.4.21206 twrp, type fastboot boot twrp.img and you should be good to go.
I believe you can find your way through, even if I wasn't detailed enough.
:)

Thank yyou very much for your fast reply. I found this:
recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img
is it ok?

No, fastboot is a pc tool, together with adb. Search minimal fastboot adb tools or something like that.
Open cmd in the folder you install it, put twrp in that folder...
Type fastboot Dev ces to verify connection and then type fastboot boot whateveryourtwrpisnamed.img

No, fastboot is a pc tool, together with adb. Search minimal fastboot adb tools or something like that.
Open cmd in the folder you install it, put twrp in that folder...
Type fastboot Dev ces to verify connection and then type fastboot boot whateveryourtwrpisnamed.img

Thank you. I still have the trwp that is (or was) installed on the phone: Is it better to install the new version?

Most probably your twrp was overwritten with another one that prevents you from your normal use. Therefore you should use the "new" one.

Most probably your twrp was overwritten with another one that prevents you from your normal use. Therefore you should use the "new" one.

I've just tried, but it fastboot said first "sending", then OKAY, then Booting FAILED (remote: "Failed to load/authenticate boot image: load error") . Any suggestions?

Hmmm, try installing Xiaomi tools, download the latest fastboot ROM and flash it.

I've just tried, but it fastboot said first "sending", then OKAY, then Booting FAILED (remote: "Failed to load/authenticate boot image: load error") . Any suggestions?
Same thing happened to me. I flashed twrp several times and booted to twrp. The fifth time it suddenly came in twrp. I had to flash the Rom twice before it worked out well. I have no clue why. But my device is on 12.0.8 again and that's alright by me.

So many people are confused by this and I'm not surprised. The information about TWRP problems and how to fastboot to it should be in the changelog of the new build so that everyone who downloads the new build via OTA can see it !!!!
Why someone should enter this forum and read tens of pages and waste his time just to obtain this crucial information? Then they come here after installing the update and trying to boot into TWRP and getting stuck in fastboot and everyone has the same questions. And 90% of it could be prevented.
Not to mention that this while conversation should be in Mi 10 forum section cause it doesn't concern other users.

I ask the developers and forum moderators to consider this and make some changes for the good of everyone here. Please put the TWRP info into the changelog and please direct all discussion regarding UMI build to the corresponding Mi 10 section.
@ingbrzy

Last edited:
You have to re-enter fastboot if you have this error ..
If you're not re-enter to twrp the command will always fail..

Reactions: flatout23
so a short update about the situation of 12.2.7 for Mi10
Gpay working no issues anymore no idea why but it is what it is
what i've done as i messed up anyway:
download TWRP TWRP3.4.2.b1206 from the forum
Downloaded 12.2.2 and 12.2.7 from forum as i had notification issues whicha re gone as well now
boot into fastboot
fastboot/adb shell comand: fastboot devices (should be listed if not enter adb devices to start demon)
fastboot boot twrp.img (or whatever you named it. Need to be in same folder as adb)
give it time it should be loaded fast in command but it actualy take like 30sec to boot in twrp

Ignore the steps i did to avoid loosing data. marked with a -
-Delete data etc so it was completly empty
-adb devices
-adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.2.2.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11 /sdcard
-wait a very long time do NOTHING it take time to transfer the date
-when done install zip within TWRP
-clear dalvik etc again. also data
-boot system
after booted up i only installed backup from google. NOT XIAOMI!!! very important for xiaomi backup: do NOT, i repeat do NOT restore settings from cloud. only missing apps AFTER google is finishd. Why? because it messed up my energy settings previouse thats why i complete reinstalled everything. had no notifications and i was able to reproduce the issue after the xiaomi backup restore with settings incl. Do as you wish but keep in mind it messed with my energy settings and had no chance to keep apps running in background with a lock and ignore energy setting enabled.

So after system is working or you want to update do the following and no data will be missing as i tryed and others as well:
download the newest firmware to the phone from updater
Disable fingerprint and lockscreen. (i will test it a other time if it works or not to decrypt with a pin. some say it can not decrypt anymore but it worked all versions till now for me)
turn off phone and boot into fastboot
on pc: fastboot devices (if not showing do adb devices and start demon again)
fastboot boot twrp.img (as you named your twrp used previouse)
once booted install zip from internal storage
after flashing just reboot to system do nothing else
patience for the boot as all updates take their time to boot first time afterwards. like 5 minutes or maximum 10 minutes i say
your done.

If a pro want to add something or want to correct me please do it and i will adjust this post accordingly

Edit: important note: if you fail to fastboot boot twrp bc of a error message reenter fastboot on phone by pressing volume down and power at the same time and try to boot twrp again. if still not working repeat it

Edit 2: gpay not worked at first, but as i use revolut i added the card from within revolut to gpay and since then gpay worked also for me other card. Safetynet still fails but that crap can go somewhere else in my opinion

Edit 3: you can use a OTG USB stick to put the firmware on that instead of use the command "push". thank you @m@c|-|oR

Last edited:
Great post, mate
Hopefully others will use your experience and avoid learning on their own mistakes like you did.
From my side - it's all much easier if you have an OTG USB drive.
Didn't know about Xiaomi backup - but for me it didn't work anyways.
I did a clean install and moved forward setting up the phone from scratch.
Today is a first full day of use and I can only say that I'm more than happy. The battery use seems to be better than before. Only my first impression. Anyhow, I have two weeks off work to test the hell out of it.
I repeat, even the non-working dual apps aren't the problem as long as there are third party solutions.

It looks like you have a fatboot bootloop. Connect phone in current mode fastboot, enter fastboot reboot bootlooader, try again fastboot boot twrp.img

You have to re-enter fastboot if you have this error ..
If you're not re-enter to twrp the command will always fail..
Hallo. I have re-entered fastboot at least twelve times, but always same error
FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error') . How can I sove this issue?

Hallo. I have re-entered fastboot at least twelve times, but always same error
FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error') . How can I sove this issue?
Bootloader unlocked? Have you tried to reboot into the fastboot with a command(fastboot reboot bootloader), not with buttons?

Bootloader unlocked? Have you tried to reboot into the fastboot with a command(fastboot reboot bootloader), not with buttons?
Thanks for your reply. I've just tried, and it seem to work better: the fastboot command boot has been succesfull. Thank you so much!!

hi, can anyone tell me what the note 9s is based on if its not the Chinese build?
  • Based on China Stable / Weekly builds (except POCOF1, HMNote6Pro, HMNote8T, HMNote9ProMax, HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S, HMNote9ProEU)
and is miui 12 stable enough for a daily phone? or should i stick to miui 11? im currently on global 11.0.10
The base is in the name of the zip: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V12.0.2.0.QJWMIXM_v12-10.zip
So it's based on Global ROM.

This was not the solution for my situation (MI 10 with a FASTBOOT circle after having downloaded the stable EU ROM v12.2.2.7).
This what I have done so far using the latest platform-tools:
Fastboot commands.png
Nevertheless the MI 10 is still in the "FASTBOOT" mode.
Then I tried to flash the EU.ROM v12.2.2.7 by using the MiFlash tool 20200314.
Result:
MiFlash Fehlermeldung.png

This was not the solution for my situation (MI 10 with a FASTBOOT circle after having downloaded the stable EU ROM v12.2.2.7).
This what I have done so far using the latest platform-tools:
View attachment 33619
Nevertheless the MI 10 is still in the "FASTBOOT" mode.
Then I tried to flash the EU.ROM v12.2.2.7 by using the MiFlash tool 20200314.
Result:
View attachment 33620
And why in the name of God you flashed the twrp before booting it?
Now, search for 3.4.0, flash that one and then boot the 3.4.2.1206.
It is confusing, but it is a workaround that actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.