Not open for further replies.

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
[System]
  • New, Text-to-speech (TTS) Speed adjustment
[Lock screen, status bar and notification bar]
  • Fix adjusting brightness settings, the notification bar highlight strip appears out of sync
[Desktop]
  • New toggle desktop shortcuts (Edit widgets -> Menu key -> Add -> Toggle), you can select toggles from the menu to place on your desktop homescreens
  • Fix in some cases, after restart of application from the SD card will result in icon rearrangement
[Themes]
  • Optimisation to improve the import speed of theme resources
  • Fix problem where fonts cannot be used in mix (mashup) mode
  • Fix issues authorising themes
  • Add the Variety lock screen framework, increase unlock sliding control target point state variables
  • Fix in some cases, the use of the theme process becomes stuck
  • Fix unsuccessful application of boot animations
  • Fix problems when sometimes downloaded themes don't show up locally.
[Settings]
  • New Dolby effects setup including surround sound (MI-2 only)
  • New Dolby equalizer function
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Even though the changelog seems small, once you get hands-on with the rom you will notice the vast improvement overall.

Rest is history ;)

Reactions: ingbrzy
Can't believe it...just logged the issue with icon rearrangement begining of this week and now it's in change log....no wonder MIUI is so popular....

Reactions: Pele
Can confirm the icon rearrangement bug is definitely fixed....I am a happy camper :)

is there any ways to port the latest miui app to miui pics crespo ? I love miui, but since it update to JB my nexus s going to be slow. so I'm back to miui ics, now the problem is apps not update anymore. T_T

Hi. Just registered to say that the prolonged absence of landscape mode for SMS is a hot load of bullsh*t and that I've been waiting forever to have it fixed. I know you guys are doing your best with what China is giving you, but I was wondering if you knew a way some of us could get in contact with the Chinese devs to tell them to get their heads out of their asses. I don't get on what planet replacing an existing, basic component on the basis of improving it requires to take it out and then proceed to *not* put anything in its place for several weeks (months?). That's like condemning an outhouse because you plan on building a toilet five months down the road.

Reactions: jenicekk
Hi. Just registered to say that the prolonged absence of landscape mode for SMS is a hot load of bullsh*t and that I've been waiting forever to have it fixed. I know you guys are doing your best with what China is giving you, but I was wondering if you knew a way some of us could get in contact with the Chinese devs to tell them to get their heads out of their asses. I don't get on what planet replacing an existing, basic component on the basis of improving it requires to take it out and then proceed to *not* put anything in its place for several weeks (months?). That's like condemning an outhouse because you plan on building a toilet five months down the road.
That's pretty brutal, but I do actually agree. Seems pretty crazy to miss such an obvious and simple feature to me. There's several things I don't really understand when it comes to Miui with features and bugs, but at the end of the day you have to give the developers credit because it is released entirely free!

That's pretty brutal, but I do actually agree. Seems pretty crazy to miss such an obvious and simple feature to me. There's several things I don't really understand when it comes to Miui with features and bugs, but at the end of the day you have to give the developers credit because it is released entirely free!

Like I said, I'm not putting down Mark and the others for their impressive work. But last I checked Xiaomi wasn't a charity organization, and MIUI wasn't primarily developed by hobbyists out of their garages. Also, can we please stop with the "but it's free" defence? The point is, if it didn't work nobody would use it. I guess if student services hand out free condoms on my college campus and I get a dose of the clap using them, I can just comfort myself with the thought that they didn't cost me a dime? Yes, that last analogy is totally ridiculous, but you get my point.

Also, let me just add that there is a difference between releasing something that works for free and crowdsourcing your QA. I keep reading stuff about stable and development releases, but the website just lists the current release without any distinctions and the MIUI model seems to be to exhort users to update every Friday without mentioning that from week to week large parts of the OS may become unusable or broken. If you're going with incremental updates, with each release being more stable and polished, that kind of schedule makes sense. But if you're sticking to a standard "stable/development" model where things may go tits up along the way, the least you could do is structure your releases to reflect that and indicate which one is considered stable and gets most things right. Maybe someone could make a spreadsheet with all the MIUI functionalities on one axis and the different version numbers on the other and just have a "yes" or "no" in each box - don't want to break themes? Stick with this version. Don't think it makes sense to have a smartphone SMS interface that doesn't do landscape in 2012? Stick to that version.

@astrotrain,

Do you really need the landscape mode for SMS - it's easy I can create a simple mode that fixes such problem.

@astrotrain,

Do you really need the landscape mode for SMS - it's easy I can create a simple mode that fixes such problem.
That'd be great, man! I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum who'd appreciate a workaround for this issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

+111 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.