Mokee OS OFFICIAL Android 4.4.4 ( Updated on daily basis)

Hello,

i have tested all roms for MI-2S and Mokee CM11 is far the best for me. But i have a problem with Network Location only. It doesn't work even with a fresh install. Google Maps is waiting for location, llama doesn't acquire ceil location even beautiful widget meteo. GPS is working perfectly. I have spent many hours on this but i don't find the solution. CM11 unofficial and AOSP is working with Network Location. I'm an advanced android user but no luck with that.

Is there an idea to resolve this problem ? Or is this a rom bug ?

Thanks.

Hello,

i have tested all roms for MI-2S and Mokee CM11 is far the best for me. But i have a problem with Network Location only. It doesn't work even with a fresh install. Google Maps is waiting for location, llama doesn't acquire ceil location even beautiful widget meteo. GPS is working perfectly. I have spent many hours on this but i don't find the solution. CM11 unofficial and AOSP is working with Network Location. I'm an advanced android user but no luck with that.

Is there an idea to resolve this problem ? Or is this a rom bug ?

Thanks.
i use Mokee and i have no problem with network location. i have just try google maps and it shows me correctly. please check settings>location and choose "mode" there are 3 settings. if you only use "device only" then you will just only activate GPS and not network based location.

Thanks for your response. Like i said, i'm an advanced android user, the mode is not the problem. If you say it works for you, there is a bug somewhere on my phone (?!) because i reseted data, reinstalled llama only, selected the right mode on location and nothing in cell network. Same scenario on CM11 and AOSP, no problem. The kernel doesn't change anything. Dual boot mode problem ?!

Thanks for your response. Like i said, i'm an advanced android user, the mode is not the problem. If you say it works for you, there is a bug somewhere on my phone (?!) because i reseted data, reinstalled llama only, selected the right mode on location and nothing in cell network. Same scenario on CM11 and AOSP, no problem. The kernel doesn't change anything. Dual boot mode problem ?!
i guess i can not help then. but to be clear, i also use CWM dual boot. Mokee 44.2 with WIUI. like i have said, i had just tried the network method, and it works flawlessly.

I'm trying to install the latest version of this rom, but it get stuck at boot? When im installing the rom I first do a full wipe, install it to system 1, install gapps and then reboot the device. I tried another build of this rom one month back, and it installed perfectly without any bootloop. I use the latest ClockworkMod recovery by m1cha (15.11.2013). When im installing the rom I first do a full wipe, install it to system 1, install gapps and then reboot the device. Hope somebody here can be kind to help me. Cheers

I want to share some sshot about ROMs battery life with you. Not much usage but I think is pretty good.
uploadfromtaptalk1394978322346.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394978350693.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 2 mediante Tapatalk

Be patient mate no need updates if there's no changes

The changes that i m waiting for, is the kernel update with ivan ones. Maybe in today relase battery life is in line with ivan s one?

Inviato dal mio LG-V500 utilizzando Tapatalk

The changes that i m waiting for, is the kernel update with ivan ones. Maybe in today relase battery life is in line with ivan s one?

haven't checked anything about Ivan's work so I can't tell if battery life is similar or not check my sshot and compare yourself.
Edit: haven't noticed there's a new update downloading now

Reactions: paulrlz
Thanks manohar :) I like the features that mokee have, like halo, uber personalization, download speed in the notificationbar. Is the rom that fits all my needs, and its fast, with nexus 4, it was one of the fastest rom project :)

EDIT: Fix for theme chooser:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2577469
Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
just curious, why every new update, the size become smaller. is it because code optimization? but, more features are added, so i guess it is irrelevant.

i have tried the latest Mokee ROM. how to check whether it uses IVAN's kernel or not?
in the kernel it said 3.4.0 lovemrdeng
i also have tried beanstalk beta by moonlight. i can say that the features are the most powerful and complete i have ever known (but i don't know for battery life), the kernel said 3.4.0 cm 11 moonlight.
i am just so confuse. how many kernels for mi2s in the world are there?o_O

Last edited:
Thanks manohar :) I like the features that mokee have, like halo, uber personalization, download speed in the notificationbar. Is the rom that fits all my needs, and its fast, with nexus 4, it was one of the fastest rom project :)

EDIT: Fix for theme chooser:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2577469
Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Hi Paulrlz, I have this strange thing happening with Mokee's ROM latest version.
It is the Screen flickering & looks as if my screen is broken & malfunctioning. It happens especially when i am typing using Honami i1 keyboard. be it msgs or Whatsapp or freepp.
I don't know what is it called technically. I tried using Dithered holo background on in Gravity box of Xposed Framework & restarted... no use with on & off of that option.
I dont know anything much about how to describe about that problem. If you really want to help me i will upload a video trying to reproduce that problem.
What could be the problem ? It is just like some color distortion or in old TV some programs were distorted when there is poor signal no ? like that, that too when i start typing for more than 5 seconds.... should i recalibrate the screen or what else could be done ?
Pls help me, i am scared that my phone's life is nearing its expiry date !
Thanks in advance.

Hi Paulrlz, I have this strange thing happening with Mokee's ROM latest version.
It is the Screen flickering & looks as if my screen is broken & malfunctioning. It happens especially when i am typing using Honami i1 keyboard. be it msgs or Whatsapp or freepp.
I don't know what is it called technically. I tried using Dithered holo background on in Gravity box of Xposed Framework & restarted... no use with on & off of that option.
I dont know anything much about how to describe about that problem. If you really want to help me i will upload a video trying to reproduce that problem.
What could be the problem ? It is just like some color distortion or in old TV some programs were distorted when there is poor signal no ? like that, that too when i start typing for more than 5 seconds.... should i recalibrate the screen or what else could be done ?
Pls help me, i am scared that my phone's life is nearing its expiry date !
Thanks in advance.
Can you reproduce the same issue in other ROM? it's a bit strange.

No i have not seen anything like that in other ROMs....
But in LeWa OS, it used to happen at the status bar position near network logo sometimes not related to typing...
here it is on a larger scale. Probably i think it is related to unstable kernel ?
I remember when M1cha was developing a kernel for CM11, i used to test his Kernel, that time i used to get that Flickering.... i am clueless...

No i have not seen anything like that in other ROMs....
But in LeWa OS, it used to happen at the status bar position near network logo sometimes not related to typing...
here it is on a larger scale. Probably i think it is related to unstable kernel ?
I remember when M1cha was developing a kernel for CM11, i used to test his Kernel, that time i used to get that Flickering.... i am clueless...

this happened to me too while ago. Change the radio to the lastest one, and change the rom, try maybe cofface cm11 or others, if you dont resolve with this, reset the phone to sotck, i mean all, with xiaomi rom flasher :)

Edit: Lastest build its too slow! I hope that the kernel dev will improve performance, because now is barely usable! Its seem to have an old galaxy nexus:|

Last edited:
Mokee is slow !! Too slow damn it :/

i have tried few ROMs but until now i just can only compare their features and battery life. for the performance, i.e speed & response, i just feel they are the same. is there any simple way to define this ROM is fast/slow?