[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

i'm going to quote redber (a moderator from miui.es) about this:

Ivan es un ingeniero de xiaomi exactamente es: huangqiwu <huangqiwu@xiaomi.com> y si lo ha publicado con ese nombre y en el mismo Github donde Xiaomi publico las Devices Tree de los dispositivos (https://github.com/mitwo-dev/mi2_kernel/commit/3a5bc7dafaa0b556f964ecdcd3fecf4014f49e32), y no en su GitHub (https://github.com/ivan19871002), es que lo hace en representación de Xiaomi :

En todo caso es lo de menos y es posible que Ivan (huangqiwu) con el visto bueno de Xiaomi haya publicado las fuentes.

In english would be something like this,

Ivan is a xiaomi engineer exactly is huangqiwu <huangqiwu@xiaomi.com> and if he posted with that name and in the same public Github where the Devices Tree Xiaomi devices (https://github.com/mitwo- dev/mi2_kernel/commit/3a5bc7dafaa0b556f964ecdcd3fecf4014f49e32), and not on their GitHub (https://github.com/ivan19871002) is that it does Xiaomi representing:

In any case is unimportant and may Ivan (huangqiwu) with the approval of Xiaomi has published sources.

Last edited:
Reactions: wietje91
I don't have numbers but on my first release people said this rom has the best battery life ever.
In latest update I switched to another kernel - which was a mistake because I get random i2c errors, battery lifetime isn't as good and some graphical glitches can happen.

I'll switch back soon(when camera works).

Thanks for the info. And well the reason why I'm thinking about this phone is because of Xiaomi kernel being open source now and since this your CM port will probably be AMAZING haha ;)
Really love your work!!!

Still, if other users from this rom read this, please report battery life. My current phone gets about two days and I think it should be possible for this phone too, especially with this rom I guess, but yeah, I just need to know for sure.

I don't have numbers but on my first release people said this rom has the best battery life ever.
In latest update I switched to another kernel - which was a mistake because I get random i2c errors, battery lifetime isn't as good and some graphical glitches can happen.

I'll switch back soon(when camera works).
M1cha, here you mean the CM kernel itself and not your jlb kernel right? So which version of your rom do you recommend using for now?

Also, since I'm a complete noob when it comes to coding, please can you explain in what way would xiaomi's 4.1 open kernel help devs making a new open sourced one for jlb 4.3 onwards and if it does help, why would it still be extremely complicated in order to do so? Is it because it's tedious mostly or mainly because it requires a lot of time to figure out xiaomi's code and translate what exactly is required into your own code?

Also, since I'm a complete noob when it comes to coding, please can you explain in what way would xiaomi's 4.1 open kernel help devs making a new open sourced one for jlb 4.3 onwards and if it does help, why would it still be extremely complicated in order to do so? Is it because it's tedious mostly or mainly because it requires a lot of time to figure out xiaomi's code and translate what exactly is required into your own code?

Correct me if I'm wrong. The goal here is to create an open source version of the Xiaomi kernel. M1cha is using the Nexus 4 as foundation and adjusts the code of the Nexus 4 to that of the Xiaomi M2(s). The thing is there are some problems with the open source kernel and now Xiaomi have released their own kernel the things that caused problems can be corrected by looking at the Xiaomi kernel and how Xiaomi did things. Like the camera, when they take the camera driver from the Xiaomi kernel and use that in the Open Source kernel it will (probably) work. And this way they can keep updating the Open Source Kernel according to the Nexus 4 while keep using the camera drivers from Xiaomi which are now included in their own Open Source kernel.

This is of course a simplified look on how things really work but I hope you get the picture. And like I said, correct me if I'm worng ;)

Reactions: afterburner
Correct me if I'm wrong. The goal here is to create an open source version of the Xiaomi kernel. M1cha is using the Nexus 4 as foundation and adjusts the code of the Nexus 4 to that of the Xiaomi M2(s). The thing is there are some problems with the open source kernel and now Xiaomi have released their own kernel the things that caused problems can be corrected by looking at the Xiaomi kernel and how Xiaomi did things. Like the camera, when they take the camera driver from the Xiaomi kernel and use that in the Open Source kernel it will (probably) work. And this way they can keep updating the Open Source Kernel according to the Nexus 4 while keep using the camera drivers from Xiaomi which are now included in their own Open Source kernel.

This is of course a simplified look on how things really work but I hope you get the picture. And like I said, correct me if I'm worng ;)
Dude, you're stating the obvious. I know all that.. what I'm referring to is that M1cha said that although xiaomi did release their kernel source code to the public a few days ago, it will still take a long time for him to fix the camera etc. So i'm trying to understand what is making it difficult. it's just for my understanding alone, not that i'm being impatient or anything.

This was related to 4.1 kernel source. But since ivan released 4.3 source it should be a little bit easier.

Reactions: MSephiroth
I'm wondering if it is possible to port the MIUI camera over to CM. That's the only app which I find cleaner then stock android. Would it also be possible to remove the dual boot by removing some partitions? I know you can make them smaller, but wiping them completely would be even better. This would give us the ultimate Nexus 4 :p

All in all MIUI v5 does look much less holo themed then v4, which bothers me now after some time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you're stating the obvious. I know all that.. what I'm referring to is that M1cha said that although xiaomi did release their kernel source code to the public a few days ago, it will still take a long time for him to fix the camera etc. So i'm trying to understand what is making it difficult. it's just for my understanding alone, not that i'm being impatient or anything.
Then dont say youre a complete noob. Was trying to be helpful :) A complete noob would have found my explanation rather useful, thats what it was meant for...

Last edited:
Wowww.. The development of mi2 spiking high now! .

Now ill just have to check this thread everyday, waiting for micha release with camera!

Can't wait for this to work!!!!!
Btw battery life vs miui?
Also screen time....?

in standby mode.
Very lacking FMapp !

3637436.png

Reactions: RobinHood00
FMRadio will return someday. However since google doesn't support fmradio as well anymore and more and more people get mobile internet flats you have to take care when buying a new device because most of them won't have fmradio.

I know but I removed it in last release due to incompatibilities with CM.
And they abandoned the merge requests of the patches to support FMRadio.

The goal of this project is to put this device on official CM device list.
We can add FMRadio later in another custom rom.

I know but I removed it in last release due to incompatibilities with CM.
And they abandoned the merge requests of the patches to support FMRadio.

The goal of this project is to put this device on official CM device list.
We can add FMRadio later in another custom rom.

I like this...

@ M1cha: Well I have to say I just bought the M2S today only because of your work M1cha. I really do NOT want to run miui but CM in the way you're doing is, I can not wish for more ;) Will there be a possibility to make donations?

@ Tulis: With 3G on that is pretty good right? 1 day 10 hours with moderate use. Allthough my Xperia SP gets 2 days with the same use (I'm on CM10.1).

Hey m1cha, did you already ask official cyanogen mod team to include our mi2 in supported device list? Or are you waiting for the complete open source kernel ? Anyway... Thanks for your work!

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Hey m1cha, did you already ask official cyanogen mod team to include our mi2 in supported device list? Or are you waiting for the complete open source kernel ? Anyway... Thanks for your work!
No, the usual way is to make CM fully working on a device and then make a merge request.
Then it takes some weeks and they'll tell you if they want to merge or not.

Is it possible application FmRadio download ?
No because framework changes are needed.