[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

i
hey, I've been looking for a bravia engine and xloud mod(still looking for the last one) working with our device, and I almost sure (not 100%) that this one : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2200604 should do it for this rom, I've been testing it for a while and it's working without laging or causing any glitches. Anyway, if this could be implemented in the next build as it only improves things and doesn't break anything, it would be awesome :D
i do not think the mobile bravia engine takes any effects.

just to report about the data meter problem...now it's working fine o_O I'll keep it monitored

another thing: something keypad hangups a little, it happened just for me? I've noticed it in facebook and whatsapp messenger...

With the 03.12.2013 build I did not have battery drain for the first 2.5 hours but then when I woke up this morning the phone had 12% battery drain over 11 hours of not touching the phone.

So this morning I wiped everything, did a clean install of the rom, hope when I get home today there only is a battery drain of 1-2% then I will be a very happy person lol.

Ehm 12% in 11h sounds extremely good to me that would mean u have 90-100h battery time

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Ehm 12% in 11h sounds extremely good to me that would mean u have 90-100h battery time

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Mmm... To me it doesn't my other phone, Xperia SP, which has a battery which is about 20% bigger only has 1-2% battery drain when I let it rest for about 11 hours. And then a lot more processes have been started already. This phone can go 200 hours on one charge when it is not being touched. So even when you do the math, battery drain still is a lot less.
Maybe it's because the Xperia SP only has two cores and the M2S has 4 cores? If this is the case and disableing would do the job then I will take back my words ;)

I will try and see if quad core manager plus works again (in some builds it worked, in some it didn't) then I can disable two cores. I think CM should build this function into their devices, they already have the performance settings, why not build a core enable/disable function into the Rom :)

I'm not a wizard :D
Hehe, well I actually thought you we're Gandalff the White lol.

I found this thread on XDA(it's about the Nexus4), there are different opinions on the automatic on/off switch functionality of the cores in Android. To me it seems worthy to test if the app in that thread will cause less battery drain, maybe in sleep mode, maybe in daily use, I will test and report. :)

Reactions: paulrlz and M1cha
M1cha what is better and more stable 4.3 or 4.4?

Also battery life on 4.4 needs to be Better no?

I dunno how the battery life of cm-11.0 is but I would say not as good because there could be bugs.
cm-10.2 is way more stable and has all features.

Reactions: letsfifa
@M1cha: you are my hero for defeating rilj-wakelock. Didn't see it again since upgrade to latest cm.
I also don't encounter any problems with your radio included in 2013-11-30.

Batterylife seems to be much better now on 2013-12-03, even with turned on location-stuff. :)
Thanks for you work.

i

i do not think the mobile bravia engine takes any effects.
it doesn't have to appear in your settings UI to make effect: I've applied it and you can see better the effects of the phone widget, the color gets more saturation and the borders a little more edge (not like xReality, which delivers too much sharpness).

Hi all,

How are you guys @manohar @treiliert @M1cha and rest all. My phone display got broke and it took almost 2 months to get it repaired, U know its India, customs clearance itself took 1 month, I only ordered touch screen first( I thought only touch is enough, but i was wrong :( ) , later ordered Display again, so anyways now my phone is functional, but its not like the new one, I think the display and touchscreen are not genuine, or my phone repairer didn't do it properly, Anyways I'm back

Guys any new updates? I hope i will install this CM 10.2 tonight, Is there anything else , I've seen Kitkat Of Ivan's too, Any feedback on that, like battery drain, as i read the forum no problems have been mentioned in kitkat, I jus wanted to know if there is a battery drain, like we used to have in CM 10.2 of cofface

Also from now on i will post any new rom that comes @linuxx created thread, Thanks to him, I myself thought to create a thread,( following xda)

So sad to hear the news bro.
It is very hard to accept this repaired phone isn't it ?
Anyway, to answer your question, M1cha has a perfect stable build of CM10.2 it is the best in terms of battery & performance. Pls try it.
4.4 is not yet ready according to me.
I think you can decide yourself what is best for you. I tried to fill your gap !

Miui
tahuse3y.jpg

Vs
Cm 10.2
uzusysu2.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 2s utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: M1cha
Where can I find the power mode setting in CM?
Like in MIUI we have performance, normal and power saving.

There arent..you have to manually set it with apps wich controls CPU governors and i/o scheluder

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
I personally use faux123 app, you can use in alternative nofrills cpu control, antutu cpu master, setcpu :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Redbean
You need to press 7 times on 'build number' to unlock the advanced settings.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

@M1cha: further on the in-call audio volume problem.
I just found out that the volume control, during a call, doesn't work at all!
I can change it as I want, but the volume remain the same.
Interesting enough, though, it works normally during a VOIP call... :confused:

Reactions: regent89
Here are the logcat and dmesg.
Any other useful info I can provide?

Attachments

• dmesg.zip
    19 KB · Views: 175
  • logcat.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: regent89
Where can I find the power mode setting in CM?
Like in MIUI we have performance, normal and power saving.

Alternatively you can try the last release of Ivan's AOSP 4.4 KitKat Rom (2013-11-29), with inbuilt option between performance/normal/power saving mode under settings, exactly like in MIUI. Check the corresponding thread in this forum.

Last edited: