[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

on airplane mode, then turn it back off. works for me, no more wifi and bluetooth toggle stuck.

been using the rom for the past few hours with fly-on.
everything works so far, battery seems par as miui JLB (or maybe better. need more time to evaluate).
the only bugs i found was stucked wifi and bluetooth toggle. Fixed it by On and Off airplane mode.

great work micha!
Can you explain in More detail, I can't get it to work :/

Skickat från min MI 2 med Tapatalk

Hi,

a few minutes ago I also encountered the issue with the stuck torch, i turned it on but could not turn it off - then torch fc, made some logs before rebooting.
Device: Mi2 32GB (+3100mah akku)
ROM: cm-10.2-20131113-UNOFFICIAL-aries ( did data/cache/dalvik wipe in cwm)

I also encountered the wlan bug yesterday, wlan switch was turned on but wlan didn't work, tried to turn it on/off but it just didn't work - rebooted and it worked again, have no logs from that issue and it didn't occured again until now. (if i see it the next time i will make some logs)

With the previous CM version i also had some weird stability issues when the device was plugged into an usb-charger, FCs and freezes all the time till i unplugged it. (never had this issues on wiui)
Recalibrating the batt did not fix this issue, i will check if this occurs again with the new build.

Battery drain caused by RILJ wakelocks, i check if turning off "locationaccess" fixes that. Batterylife was way better with wiui, i have much active time compared to screen on due to this wakelocks. (i also used location access on wiui, don't have a nice screenshot of the batterystats in cm because i needed to reboot it sometimes ;) )

I made these logs for the first time, i'm not sure if they are helpful for you.

Many thanks for your work!
This rom is insane fast and smooth. :)

edit: i can use front & rear cam and switch between them without any problems! :)

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    546.7 KB · Views: 450
  • dmesg.txt
    128 KB · Views: 295
It see

If in MIUI the name is correct tell me the exact name it show. Maybe MIUI manually replaces some ID's with names.
MIUI renames most (if not every) operator (including my one :) ).
I found these settings in the file: /res/values/arrays.xml in the framework-miui-res.apk.
That file, among probably other things, contains a couple of tables: one for the numeric id of the operators, and the other one for the name.
MIUI probably uses these tables to give names to the operators other than those returned by the closed source lib.
In any case: if/how/when MIUI uses these tables is beyond me, at this time.
I only know that with MIUI my operator name is "I TIM", with M1cha's rom it is "Telecom Italia SpA" (it was "Telecom Italiz SpA" before the correction).

mi2s 32gb, wifi is working fine, same issue as other users with front camera / flash
logcat attached

Attachments

• 2013-11-15_19.52.zip
    94.4 KB · Views: 142
This morning I had again the "phantom touches" problem.
If it can give any hint on how to fix it, during the past week I was using the latest cofface build and I never had this problem with that build.
Out of this and the front camera, this is, so far, the best rom I ever tried on this MI2S!
Thanks M1cha!

I know it's still pretty early, but how is battery life with this ROM?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Okay, encountered the "wifi not working anymore" bug again today, turning on/off airplane mode made it working again.

edit: added logs with the wifi bug

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    128 KB · Views: 270
  • logcat.txt
    533.7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
the camera doesn't work on my MI2 32GB. I wiped cache + dalvik. Didn't restore to factory defaults though. First install: blank image; second install: can't connect to the camera... Torch also doesn't work... I was so very looking forward to this...

I know it's still pretty early, but how is battery life with this ROM?

Much much better than xiaomi and ivans kernel. Similar to MIUI. I'll post a snapshot after battery drains to about 4%. So far it's been on battery for 7 hrs and battery is at 84% with a fair amount of usage.

If your camera doesn't work at all(no crashes or hangups, just "Can't connect...") try this rom pls:
http://d-h.st/fAu

It's AOSP rom from ivan and his kernel uses the same code for camera.

Incredible i'm very happy to see the led colors working so so well. It's normal that poweramp doesn't recognized the double/triple press buttons to change songs? It' the only thing that i miss from others roms.

Enviado desde mi MI 2 mediante Tapatalk

I dunno if it's a problem of mine or not, but I've the "hide label" option in the home screen turned of, but the icons are still without labels...what about u guys?

If your camera doesn't work at all(no crashes or hangups, just "Can't connect...") try this rom pls:
http://d-h.st/fAu

It's AOSP rom from ivan and his kernel uses the same code for camera.
my rear one works good till i rotate to the front one, after it just stucks like the picture, and if I force close it and try to switch it on again it says can't connect...
qeva8yru.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 2S con Tapatalk 4

I dunno if it's a problem of mine or not, but I've the "hide label" option in the home screen turned of, but the icons are still without labels...what about u guys?
It is ok.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384522368118.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384522368118.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 214
Much much better than xiaomi and ivans kernel. Similar to MIUI. I'll post a snapshot after battery drains to about 4%. So far it's been on battery for 7 hrs and battery is at 84% with a fair amount of usage.
That sounds incredible, as now battery life for me is about 12 hours with less than 1 hour screen time (can't remember which rom it is) and I was about to seel the phone due to poor battery life. Tonight the first thing I do will be installing this ROM :D

reporting after a day use . @M1cha

so far so good.
Bugs i found :
1.Wifi and Bluetooth toggle stucked for the first boot. *Fixed by turning on airplane mode On , then Off again.
2. RILJ wakelock issue , about 15% wake. im trying to pinpoint this issue, so far, only airplane mode eliminate RILJ wakelock. Dunno whats the cause of the wake.
3. Wifi issue. When im on wifi, my battery will drain more than 3g. BetterBatteryStats shows that, when screen off. Wifi on all the time but no connection. Wifi mode sleep, 3-4% /hour. 3g data on sleep, 1-2% /hour. 2g data on sleep, 0-1.5%/hour
4. low gsm signal (might be different with other ppl, fixed it by flashing other baseband)
5. Settings FC when opening bluetooth setting without turning it on. Need to turn it on 1st, then only settings will not crash.
will report further. thanks for the rom and kernel. its an awesome development.

Last edited:

so far so good.
Bugs i found :
1.Wifi and Bluetooth toggle stucked for the first boot. *Fixed by turning on airplane mode On , then Off again.
2. RILJ wakelock issue , about 15% wake. im trying to pinpoint this issue, so far, only airplane mode eliminate RILJ wakelock. Dunno whats the cause of the wake.
3. Wifi issue. When im on wifi, my battery will drain more than 3g. BetterBatteryStats shows that, when screen off. Wifi on all the time but no connection. Wifi mode sleep, 3-4% /hour. 3g data on sleep, 1-2% /hour. 2g data on sleep, 0-1.5%/hour
4. low gsm signal (might be different with other ppl, fixed it by flashing other baseband)
5. Settings FC when opening bluetooth setting without turning it on. Need to turn it on 1st, then only settings will not crash.
wifi toggle issue will be fixed in next update.
And wifi without a connection consumes more power than wifi with a connection. And Connecting to a AdHoc network will disable all powersafe features(adhoc protocol doesn't support powersafe, that's normal)

so far so good.
Bugs i found :
There's an option to leave wifi on even when the phone is asleep. You can turn it off in settings... i did it when i first booted and it asked me in google setup wizard.

Not only this ROM, all the Roms.. I told developers but they haven't tell me anything yet

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
Never switches off for me... Tried Antutu the minute I installed this ROM. I got 256xx on it. And Maxed out score on 3D Mark.

Mi2S 16gb

my rear one works good till i rotate to the front one, after it just stucks like the picture, and if I force close it and try to switch it on again it says can't connect...

Inviato dal mio MI 2S con Tapatalk 4
...But you can get the main camera working again by going to the Gallery app info, shut down the app, clearing data en rebooting your phone immediately after that step

OK got a bug: earphones on, I can't head the phone ring on calls neither other ppl... They don't hear me too