Status
Not open for further replies.
i have bugs with my htc desire s when i flash every thing the phone keep say android keyboard fc anyone have same bugs

i have bugs with my htc desire s when i flash every thing the phone keep say android keyboard fc anyone have same bugs
Yes, I downloaded the Xperia keyboard and flashed it after installing the rom. :)

Hey Guys! I'd like to know something about BETA phones such as HTC Desire S! I understand they are in beta and all but some feedback would be nice about what was fixed, because when comes out new update we are blindly installing them (changelog is not for beta I guess)
in my case (DS) this release is more negative then positive, I don't see any fixies towards keyboard and this is a MAJOR bug!
Another uncomfortable thing is that I can't fully restore my backups, wifi settings did not restore, accounts neither, still NOT ALL apps will restore only if I unplug USB cable!
And this annoying 'Android keyboard has stopped!' bug appears from time to time, even if I switched keyboards :(
I am sorry but thumbs down this time, maybe next release will be better!
... will play a bit with it, but I think will revert to v.3.4.5
MIUI is still the best though!
Appreciate your work guys!

UPDATE: Google+ won't sign in! "Could not connect to server."
UPDATE: Keyboard fc message has disappeared, maybe reboot helped :p
UPDATE: ...And now every apps, even system apps and settings, began self closing :( THAT DOES IT :X
This build runs very well for me, it's much smoother than 3.4.5. I don't even need to overclock. I get a few graphical glitches in Settings, and the lowest brightness setting doesn't stick after unlocking the device.

Also, applied themes don't stick after a reboot; I need to reapply the theme after rebooting my device.

Sent from my Desire S

I had 3.4.12 before and I had numerous FC-s and problems so I backed up everything, and done clean install of 3.4.18 (great job by the way with this release) - now after restore there are NO private massages left (no settings and no sms) - does the internal backup not backup private sms and private sms settings? can I get them back - I also done nandroid backup...

I am on Nexus S and I always enjoy the MIUI interface. But, the recent versions (MIUI v5) seems a bit heavy for the device. The phone is out of memory. I use the sound recorder often and it can't record the sounds decently because of memory issues. Is there a possibility to free more RAM in the coming releases? Now, on an average, the free memory is around ~100 MB. I think at least ~250 MB of free memory is required for other apps to work fine.
Try marmite 8.5 kernel, this time non-CM version.

Reactions: sherlok81
If I am upgrading from MIUI V4, do I need to go through any extra steps when upgrading to this version?

Thanks for the latest rom 3.4.19 for Evo 3D. Found a problem with this new release. Tried with both installing over 3.4.12 and fresh install. WiFi Tethering does not work. It says Turning WiFi On and stays there for ever. Even multiple reboots, power-off did not help. So went back to 3.4.12.
Also in v5 of MiUi, theming options are limited. It does not theme the settings page and keeps the white background. Theming Battery, Wifi, Data Signal, Clock colours are not themeable with the very limited V5 themes. Hope to get better themes for v5 soon.

yeah, but even if I toggle keyboards FC still continues to appear, any chance I can turn off android kb completely?

You can install another keyboard, and by root explorer go to system/app and delete your latinime.apk or make it nonfunctional, by change it extension to bak maybe

Hey Guys! I'd like to know something about BETA phones such as HTC Desire S! I understand they are in beta and all but some feedback would be nice about what was fixed, because when comes out new update we are blindly installing them (changelog is not for beta I guess)
in my case (DS) this release is more negative then positive, I don't see any fixies towards keyboard and this is a MAJOR bug!
Another uncomfortable thing is that I can't fully restore my backups, wifi settings did not restore, accounts neither, still NOT ALL apps will restore only if I unplug USB cable!
And this annoying 'Android keyboard has stopped!' bug appears from time to time, even if I switched keyboards :(
I am sorry but thumbs down this time, maybe next release will be better!
... will play a bit with it, but I think will revert to v.3.4.5
MIUI is still the best though!
Appreciate your work guys!

UPDATE: Google+ won't sign in! "Could not connect to server."
UPDATE: Keyboard fc message has disappeared, maybe reboot helped :p
UPDATE: ...And now every apps, even system apps and settings, began self closing :( THAT DOES IT :X

Yes, I downloaded the Xperia keyboard and flashed it after installing the rom. :)

This build runs very well for me, it's much smoother than 3.4.5. I don't even need to overclock. I get a few graphical glitches in Settings, and the lowest brightness setting doesn't stick after unlocking the device.

Also, applied themes don't stick after a reboot; I need to reapply the theme after rebooting my device.

Sent from my Desire S

I dont know how 3.4.5 works, bcause I directly jumped to 3.4.19, my problems are:
1) fc keyboard, ofcourse
2) battery drain really fast (maybe because of jb?)
3) resize issue, especially on sim unlock pin
4) lag, between the homescreens, pull down keyboard, on setting, on lockscreen
5) camera, image preview is green, but on gallery the image seems fine (maybe bcause jb)

I havent tried the themes yet
Can we get fm radio next time?

Sent from my HTC Desire S
Tapatalk 2

I have trouble flashing my LG P990, it hangs in bootloop after flashing, any suggestions??

You can install another keyboard, and by root explorer go to system/app and delete your latinime.apk or make it nonfunctional, by change it extension to bak maybe

I dont know how 3.4.5 works, bcause I directly jumped to 3.4.19, my problems are:
1) fc keyboard, ofcourse
2) battery drain really fast (maybe because of jb?)
3) resize issue, especially on sim unlock pin
4) lag, between the homescreens, pull down keyboard, on setting, on lockscreen
5) camera, image preview is green, but on gallery the image seems fine (maybe bcause jb)

I havent tried the themes yet
Can we get fm radio next time?

Sent from my HTC Desire S
Tapatalk 2

Just to let you know, the battery drain issue is also present on GT-N7000 for this release. It discharges unreasonably fast. Have installed BetterBatteryStats again to see what's going on..

English ROM
Langpack
Reboot
Gapps
Got it. For Desire S you add LatinIME (meaning: English ROM, LangPack, LatinIME. Then Reboot. Then GApps.) Big Brother will help you finding LatinImeGoogle-jb-4.2-517167-signed.zip.

(Who is "bro" anyway?)

@ingbrzy: please correct the order in the multilang-thread. There it says:
  • Other Devices:
  • Download and flash our current English Only ROM + Gapps
  • then flash the chosen language pack on top of it. (DO NOT WIPE)
I did trust you on that OP thread, and in combination with the need for LatinIME it's not good.

Nexus S and Galaxy S I9000 have the same hardware... but laggy lockscreen and notification bar are present only with I9000, with Nexus S everything is fine. Why?

Anyone have a problem with contacts on Galaxy S 2 ? When someone is calling I can't see name but only a number, when I add +48 (for Poland) before sometimes it helps and then I have to remove it. And I can see someone is calling but vibrations and ringtone is after 5 seconds. Anyone got solution? All wipes was done

The MediaScannerService is what seems to bleed out my battery. I installed SGS Toolbox because it has a "delete corrupt images" feature and I formatted the SD card. Will let you know if any of that worked. Last resort is
"rescan media root" from Google play market which works but is a "brute force" approach. It will impact cam functionality and possibly others. Does anyone have a better solution?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Provided kernel in LT18i doesn't boot nor allows to get into recovery
edit: it does boot, but takes wayyy too long.

From what I have understood from previous threads I think you will only get the FM radio app in official releases because of licensing reasons. But there are FM radio apps on the market.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.