Status
Not open for further replies.
how can i update my miui rom with the updater application??
i'm in 3.8.29 rom and my smartphone is Note2 N7100
can i have ota update with my phone?
or i have to download new rom ??

how can i update my miui rom with the updater application??
i'm in 3.8.29 rom and my smartphone is Note2 N7100
can i have ota update with my phone?
or i have to download new rom ??
Sorry no OTA for that 800MB bluray rom.. It will eat traffic like snacks... Just install manually via CWM/TWRP...

~Tapatalk 4~

Hi , Thanks to the many nice rom, I had a question: the difference size between MIUI UK(270M) and MIUI Developer Team(345M)( Chinese ) is ?

pardon our dust as we fix this table

OK so in my other post I ask how I can downgrade to version where snote working because I try to do it without have success even I wipe everything so you know a way?

thanks

N-7100

Why not ota update for note 2
I am on 2 weeks older version is the only way is to download whole rom and flash without wipe?

hey guys, MIUI newb here.
How do you guys upgrade without losing your settings and apps? I wish I could just update via OTA or Updater. Flashing every week is really frustrating!

[i9100]

How do you guys upgrade without losing your settings and apps? I wish I could just update via OTA or Updater. Flashing every week is really frustrating!

[i9100]
...I just download to my phone (Mi-2s in my case), open updater app and manually select the installation pack you just downloaded.

It's recommended to make a backup before though, for which I use the... Backup app ;p

I've never lost anything this way :)

If the above doesn't apply to your model, I think installing through CWM/TWRP without wiping should leave everyting intact as long as the base android version stays the same. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

[i9100]
I just use the backup app, backup, flash, then I log into all my accounts run the media scanner via trickster mod app, then restore. There are a few settings such as contacts, app controller, themes and permissions that you have to do manually, but all your other settings should be restored. I have the nexus 4, I don't get updates from updater but I have tried going to updater pressing options and then manually installing, but I got some strange app problems so I decided to just always do a full wipe to avoid any problems.

Reactions: Lee Frederickscii
no big deal, just for example Android 4.3 introducing some nice features/enhancements, which would be interesting for us (restricted profiles, security enhancement, photosphere camera, OpenGL 3.0, better/smoother run, better battery life etc..)
So, we want it in V5, isn't' true?

I have the nexus 4 and I get batter battery life on MIUI then 4.3. Security shouldn't matter I have downloaded the most sketchy apps and roms and never had a problem worse than annoying advertisements, and even then i just uninstalled them and they went away. I am on 4.2.2 but if you want photosphere you can get it here. However I did not develop it and I take no credit or responsibility for it, (I would just give you the original link but I can't find or remember it.) wipe cache, dalvik cache and then flash and you should have another camera app with photosphere. MIUI already runs (for the most part) smoother and stock android 4.2.2. It is slower in some areas than 4.3 but smoother in other places. The majority of the updates for 4.3 were for developers, giving them new resources to take advantage of. But that means they are going to just now beginning to develop app which mean it will be awhile before the end user ever feels the advantage.

Frankly I think 4.3 made some bigger code changes but on the user end that 4.2.2 made a bigger difference. Your not missing out on anything by staying on 4.1.

I just use the backup app, backup, flash, then I log into all my accounts run the media scanner via trickster mod app, then restore. There are a few settings such as contacts, app controller, themes and permissions that you have to do manually, but all your other settings should be restored. I have the nexus 4, I don't get updates from updater but I have tried going to updater pressing options and then manually installing, but I got some strange app problems so I decided to just always do a full wipe to avoid any problems.

Thanks, I just flashed 3.9.6 over my previous 3.28.3 and nothing changed; settings, apps, etc. Only STweaks (I'm using Siyah kernel) disappeared but I just reinstalled. I'm over my fears now :) The i9100 is an MIUI official device unlike your Nexus 4.
[i9100]

...I just download to my phone (Mi-2s in my case), open updater app and manually select the installation pack you just downloaded.

It's recommended to make a backup before though, for which I use the... Backup app ;p

I've never lost anything this way :)

If the above doesn't apply to your model, I think installing through CWM/TWRP without wiping should leave everyting intact as long as the base android version stays the same. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

I just flashed 3.9.6 over my previous one, nothing's changed ;) No wipes, only flashed!

Did you guys experienced lag when starting the MUSIC App? It start with some kind of white screen for 1-2 second before the Music app ready. Please see attached.

Btw, I'm using M2S. Thanks

Attachments

• music bug.jpg
    music bug.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: Pele
Still no emoji on galaxy nexus. Ugh. Can someone tell me how I can fix this so I can add it to my ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Pele
Thanks, I just flashed 3.9.6 over my previous 3.28.3 and nothing changed; settings, apps, etc. Only STweaks (I'm using Siyah kernel) disappeared but I just reinstalled. I'm over my fears now :) The i9100 is an MIUI official device unlike your Nexus 4.
[i9100]
Hey! I have a Gt-i9100 (my first android phone) and yes its running Doriman X which is very very slightly different from Siyah. Just ever since it hit a fatal err I've been only using my n4.

Did you guys experienced lag when starting the MUSIC App? It start with some kind of white screen for 1-2 second before the Music app ready. Please see attached.

Btw, I'm using M2S. Thanks

no, it starts with no lag at all, almost instantly with no white screen
Mi2S too here

Status
Not open for further replies.