MULTI 5.3.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resume form mi3 with 5.3.20
-FC miui browser
-Saturation/contrast bug not fix
-New radio app is not install, i've the old
-Battery drain faster than 5.2.6

I get it when I boot up, and then when I try to get into the app.
Correction, it's after the lock screen pattern page and then when I try to get into the app.
Edit: ... and after the cleaner - (Correction: only once after the cleaner.)

You will have to point me to where I can find out how to get the log ...
There must have been some corruption somewhere - I eventually had to re-flash the ROM, and then upgrade to last week's.

I do not intend to have Chrome and lose all of my bookmarks. Also I do not want to have to swipe each time before logging in. In all the years I have been programming, programs have developed from what the user needs, not the program dictating to what the user must do.
(In going into Gallery, I wanted to view my pictures, but I could not view them unless I gave Gallery access to the internet!)

Resume form mi3 with 5.3.20
-FC miui browser
-Saturation/contrast bug not fix
-New radio app is not install, i've the old
-Battery drain faster than 5.2.6

LOL! good they not fixing the saturation bug, i've move on to Ivans Lollipop 5.1

A solution of the problem with Battery graphics presented from a colleague (tested by him): Get a previous version (5.3.13 or 5.3.6) settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk and replace them into this week`s ROM. Do not forget to fix the permissions.
I will try the same with the stock MIUI browser.apk.
I tried this procedure in June 2014 with the stock File Explorer.apk and it worked.

Last edited:
Hi, What happened to the Stock Browser??? I installed it and I just have Chrome is that normal?

If we want to use Chrome we could just install it from play store, why remove miui browser?
No URL suggestions
No video playback support
No customizable links on homepage
No full screen mode
No sync with Google bookmarks
Opening new links from apps at background
And FC in latest public release

It's just too much... Xiaomi browser devs just don't care about international users... So we did same as Xiaomi did in their global builds.. Replace it by Chrome...

~Tapatalk~

No URL suggestions
No video playback support
No customizable links on homepage
No full screen mode
No sync with Google bookmarks
Opening new links from apps at background
And FC in latest public release

It's just too much... Xiaomi browser devs just don't care about international users... So we did same as Xiaomi did in their global builds.. Replace it by Chrome...

~Tapatalk~
Thanks for the information.. Then Google Chrome will always take the place of Miui Browser ? You replaced it with Google Chrome forever?

Reactions: Emo Filev
Thanks for the information.. Then Google Chrome will always take the place of Miui Browser ? You replaced it with Google Chrome forever?
Chrome much better, all the listed issues above are solved with chrome. Only 1 reason for miui browser, it was pretty fast...

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

All ROMs reuploaded....
REMOVED MIUI Browser and ADDED Google Chrome (except MiPAD)...

Just update Chrome from Google Play after installation...

MD5 of new roms
Code:
ca3935a6ffed0d04a482818761aa6c5b  xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.3.20_v6-4.4.zip
00fbf49337827c58c250d7ee85e7f622  xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_5.3.20_v6-4.4.zip
36cbbf1a0e516d66af28cc3fc466943f  xiaomi.eu_multi_dior_5.3.20_v6-4.4.zip
57a17809cedc2d6aed9825a52c6b41a1  xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2014811_5.3.20_v6-4.4.zip
969ce612c1fd85678fd5e1909a28fe5c  xiaomi.eu_multi_pisces_5.3.20_v6-4.4.zip
620c0ee824da25719543f38cae549ecd  xiaomi.eu_multi_taurus_5.3.20_v6-4.4.zip
587ad242ad8e95268da6977b411126c2  xiaomi.eu_multi_virgo_5.3.20_v6-4.4.zip

Great work
i'm staying 5.3.13
I wait to receive update by OTA.

Reactions: Doc_Samson
we will watch miui browser development and if all mentioned will be solved for international users, we will return it back... who wants to use miui browser in current state, just download en.miui.com builds, open zip and pull System/priv-app/Browser.apk , then just install it like other apk....

Reactions: fra6220 and graw2
A solution of the problem with Battery graphics presented from a colleague (tested by him): Get a previous version (5.3.13 or 5.3.6) settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk and replace them into this week`s ROM. Do not forget to fix the permissions.
I will try the same with the stock MIUI browser.apk.
I tried this procedure in June 2014 with the stock File Explorer.apk and it worked.

I stayed with the original version of the 5.3.20 ROM, last night a second version came out (with Google Chrome), now I see a third one. I replaced Settings.apk, SettingsProvider.apk and Browser.apk with those of the previous ROM-5.3.13. Battery graphics is working fine, but the browser crashes again.

P.S. I tried with Browser.apk from 5.3.6 and that of 5.2.27, but the browser crashes again and again. I hope this will be helpful for all MI2s users: No use trying to replace the Browser.apk from previous weeks` ROMs because it doesn`t work. Just use alternative browser while waiting for the problem to be solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: laueugen
Status
Not open for further replies.