Preview MIUI ROM 2.8.31 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
SGS2 won't see JB till Q4 and even then it will be a few weeks at least till MIUI use it. We could be waiting till next year. So yes they should bother with 4.0.4.
I'm beginning to think SGS2 isn't even being worked on, we have had the same bugs list for weeks!

What makes 4.0.4 so much better than 4.0.3?

Strange, because at the IFA yesterday Samsung announced that official JB for SGS3 was coming very soon.

Are you sure you are talking about an official release, officially released by samsung?
I meant the release that was shown yesterday at the IFA, but I guess it's not officially anywhere :S

Have a read over on XDA, many users think 4.0.4 is better. I don't think it would be released if it wasn't an improvement.

I'm asking what you think is better about it and what makes you think that MIUI should spend lots of time moving from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4. Remember that moving to a new base for MIUI may introduce as many bugs as it fixes.

On twitter they say they include game center. What is that?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

Please.....Dont forget to fix big bugs like the pin unlock in the SGS2 and minor bugs like end calls from headset.
Before go ahead with new improvements...the team should focus in fix all bugs to stabilize the ROM.

Thanks for your support.

The Wifi Bug its relevant to fix too. The only way to connect to Secured Networks is deleting and re creating the connection again a and again. If connect first time and turn off and on the Wifi Radio, dont connect and stay in the "Connecting" status.

Please.....more attention to the BUGS!!!!!!!

What makes 4.0.4 so much better than 4.0.3?

Apart the fixes that Android 4.04 OS brings there are hundred of fixes in the ROM base by Samsung, newer kernel with fixes, newer radios etc. ZSLPG which is being used as a base in MIUI is 5 months old, you can imagine the amount of changes in ROM, modem and kernel level all this months.

Apart the fixes that Android 4.04 OS brings there are hundred of fixes in the ROM base by Samsung, newer kernel with fixes, newer radios etc. ZSLPG which is being used as a base in MIUI is 5 months old, you can imagine the amount of changes in ROM, modem and kernel level all this months.

Honestly, I haven't been affected by a single bug in 4.0.3. What bug have you experienced that 4.0.4 fixes?

LT26i is the only phone with a new base so far this week.

I have a LT26i, so I am interested to know what that means. As far as I can see in the About Phone view, the Android version shows as 4.0.4.

Sorry, if I am missing something basic.

I have a LT26i, so I am interested to know what that means. As far as I can see in the About Phone view, the Android version shows as 4.0.4.

Sorry, if I am missing something basic.

The stock underlying software that MIUI runs on top of is now upgraded to 6.1.A.1.58.

Update for htc one x is available .So can I expect change in base for miui. If not then please tell me if you have any idea of base for HTC one x is going to be updated

Update for htc one x is available .So can I expect change in base for miui. If not then please tell me if you have any idea of base for HTC one x is going to be updated

MIUI seems to be on a pattern of upgrading bases for 1-2 phones a week. Usually these base changes occur on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. I've even seen a base change on a Thursday once.

Either way. It looks like just the LT26i is getting an upgrade this week.

Reactions: kamal
Thanks

Sent from my SK17i using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

lol. The release version corresponds to date. Understand?

Year.Month.Day

Year = 2 (2nd year of MIUI)
Month = 8 (August)
Day = 31 (day of release - Friday)

so 2.8.31

Out of interest, are there any plans afoot to make GB themes compatible with ICS? Is this even possible?

Out of interest, are there any plans afoot to make GB themes compatible with ICS? Is this even possible?

What about the MIUI.us Toolbox that they include in their rom?
Can we get anything like that?

It would be nice to be able to add a bit of colour to the topbar.... and be able to remove the icon labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.