Preview MIUI ROM 2.8.31 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the MIUI.us Toolbox that they include in their rom?
Can we get anything like that?

It would be nice to be able to add a bit of colour to the topbar.... and be able to remove the icon labels.

Its bloat and we don't add stuff like that. We keep the ROM pure and clean.

Reactions: MarkHUK
I am really tired of deleting boot.img from the ROM and add Nik's Project X v4.1 boot.img to MIUI ROM to make it boot and the 2 files for data. Can't that be fixed? Every ROM since MIUI v4 have to be done that way else it won't boot and data won't work!

I am really tired of deleting boot.img from the ROM and add Nik's Project X v4.1 boot.img to MIUI ROM to make it boot and the 2 files for data. Can't that be fixed? Every ROM since MIUI v4 have to be done that way else it won't boot and data won't work!

Never been the case for me. All the ROMs work straight out of the box. With the exception of a few that require you to be on a stock 4.0 version (to setup partition sizes) before flashing MIUI.

Love the new look fellas! :) (of the website). Can't wait for 8.31 - This is the first time since I purchased my phone (a month after it came out) that I haven't flashed another rom in a week's time. I can honestly say that I am totally satisfied with JB Miui at this point. The only PIB is wiping every friday now. Not too bad cuz I use Backup and just restore, but my ringtones and such have to all be set up again. It's cool though. Don't know if flashing over existing will cause issues or not. BTW, I've been averaging over 20 hrs a day on .17 using trinity kernel while the rom itself is super snappy! :D

If your already on MIUI. The full wipe isn't necessary between versions. As long as you wipe dalvik and cache that should suffice. Should any APKs FC. Just open up the App list. (Hold down home, then hold down the clean memory bubble). That will take you to running process list. Scroll over to the app list. Find that app (that is FCing) and clear its cache. That will 99% of the time fix the problem.

If your already on MIUI. The full wipe isn't necessary between versions. As long as you wipe dalvik and cache that should suffice. Should any APKs FC. Just open up the App list. (Hold down home, then hold down the clean memory bubble). That will take you to running process list. Scroll over to the app list. Find that app (that is FCing) and clear its cache. That will 99% of the time fix the problem.

Thanks Peach!

Help guys! I'm really new to all this ROM and ROOT bussiness. I've been using the china MIUI for the past 2 months or so, currently on 2.8.3 china MIUI. Its been working fine, with the exception of low memory all the time. Just yesterday, my superuser started acting weird and denied root access to everything, including root browesr.

I cant fix it and was thinking to trying out doc3000's new MIUI 8860 2.8.24, but I cant even run titanium backup to get my apps backedup now. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.