[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

Another small thing (I don't know if it is a bug): on the display of my car, I can see the strength of the network signal.
Edit: using the bluetooth connection...
With this ROM, this strength seems to be totally unrelated to the real one (the one I see on the phone's display).
I see it always at the maximum or, sometimes, one step before the maximum, while watching the phone's display it is near the minimum.
What could it be?
Can I change this behavior?

Last edited:
This library is closed source and comes from qcom.
It's normal that branded names aren't shown. For example my provider is 1und1 but the device shows "Vodafone D2 GmbH".

This can't and shouldn't be changed and to be serious I don't know why this is a problem for you.

About your problem with the signal strength: I don't know from where the car gets his data and unfortunately I can't test this. :(

This library is closed source and comes from qcom.
It's normal that branded names aren't shown. For example my provider is 1und1 but the device shows "Vodafone D2 GmbH".

This can't and shouldn't be changed and to be serious I don't know why this is a problem for you.
Well, at least your shown provider name has no typo on it.
"ITALIZ" is not that good...

Thanks a lot: that's what I meant!
Btw, "Telecom Italia SpA" is the mother company which runs the landline telephones.
The mobile operator is "I TIM" (http://www.tim.it): that's why I was hinting that name.

Last edited:
Ok, There are two typos btw:
Telecom Italiz SpA
Telecom Italiz Mobile

I'll fix 'em both

[...]
About your problem with the signal strength: I don't know from where the car gets his data and unfortunately I can't test this. :(

I understand and I really appreciate your work and your help!
Do you think I can help on this matter with some log?
logcat? dmesg?
Any other log I can provide for the bluetooth connection?

hello m1cha 2 problems for me ... 1) the LED always on while charging ...
2) I would like to know if you can see the network speed in the status bar ... thanks again for your hard work

I understand and I really appreciate your work and your help!
Do you think I can help on this matter with some log?
logcat? dmesg?
Any other log I can provide for the bluetooth connection?
These logs are always helpful. And I need to google about this topic maybe it is a common problem

hello m1cha 2 problems for me ... 1) the LED always on while charging ...
2) I would like to know if you can see the network speed in the status bar ... thanks again for your hard work
1) It's normal. CM doesn't allow the led to blink while charging so you know if you are charging or if you got a new notification.
2) You can use the xposed module "XBlast Tools" to show network speed in the statusbar

New? Then why you even trying custom rom? You got MIUI on Mi2.

New? Then why you even trying custom rom? You got MIUI on Mi2.
I tried it and while there are parts I really like (beautiful UI for example with smooth transitions on opening apps), the notification center with very neat toggles, the clean task manager and probably more.

However, I'm more of a efficiency freak. and I find myself trying to tweak more than I want to keep from MIUI.

For example, I never text anymore so I would prefer to have Whatsapp access on my lock screen instead of messaging access, so while the lockscreen is beautiful it's not efficient for me. Also I don't like how the icons of app developers are replaced by MIUI (Google Chrome icon is terrible), I blocked or removed pretty much all the default apps, there are Chinese leftovers (e.g. in the music app > online radio).

So I just want to try having a clean start and tweak stuff to my liking and see what I end up with :).

Anyway, to get back to my original question, how do I find the best stock / clean Android ROM? As I'm new to this I don't really know what to look for. Should I take this one or is the one over here better for example: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-cm10-2-for-mi2.21741/

I tried it and while there are parts I really like (beautiful UI for example with smooth transitions on opening apps), the notification center with very neat toggles, the clean task manager and probably more.

However, I'm more of a efficiency freak. and I find myself trying to tweak more than I want to keep from MIUI.

For example, I never text anymore so I would prefer to have Whatsapp access on my lock screen instead of messaging access, so while the lockscreen is beautiful it's not efficient for me. Also I don't like how the icons of app developers are replaced by MIUI (Google Chrome icon is terrible), I blocked or removed pretty much all the default apps, there are Chinese leftovers (e.g. in the music app > online radio).

So I just want to try having a clean start and tweak stuff to my liking and see what I end up with :).

Anyway, to get back to my original question, how do I find the best stock / clean Android ROM? As I'm new to this I don't really know what to look for. Should I take this one or is the one over here better for example: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-cm10-2-for-mi2.21741/
If you have some doubt about flashing roms you can try my PC suite for mi2/mi2s, with some clicks this will install @M1cha cwm recovery and ur favourite custom ROM
If u want a simple custom ROM you van try gdroid. It's like the aosp one

Inviato dal mio MI 2(s) con Tapatalk now Free

@M1cha: I have the log files, should I attach them here or is it better if I send you the logs through PM?
In case of PM (forgive my ignorance...) how to do it?
This morning I just rebooted the phone and sat in my car to come at work (~1h). The signal bars in the car have always been at the max or 1 bar less than the max.
For a while they stayed at zero.
So: max or nothing. It seems strange to me. On the same path, with the same car, using an iPhone or Mi2S with MIUI the signal was behaving differently.
Meanwhile, I have other two small "problems":
1) When I answer a call (any call) the phone doesn't give any audio for 2-3 seconds, then the audio is working but it is quite loud, even if it is at the minimum. It might be helpful, since I'm a little deaf, but it was not like this with MIUI nor with WIUI.
2) I installed an icon pack specifically to change the dog icon of k9-mail: I can changed it with the stock launcher, but when I reboot the phone the icon is back to the dog: am I doing something wrong?

1) You can try the build with the old audio hal. Maybe it makes a difference.
2) I've never used a icon pack. maybe its better to ask the author

1) That is the build with the bootloop problem, isn't it? I don't feel very comfortable to try it... :)
I tried to get a logcat -v long while answering a call: I'm attaching that log in the hope it might tell you something...

2) I installed the Nova launcher and that is working.

Attachments

• callanswer2.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 150
yep it's 2013-09-15 you need to flash the kernel fix afterwards.
Can I flash it straight away (and then the fix) or should I first wipe something (cache, user data)?
Afterwords, can I just flash the latest version on top of it?

With the version 2013-09-15 I don't hear any delay answering a call.
Do you think you can do something to fix it?
I'm going back to the latest version because I think it should be better for the other things (wifi, particularly).

Woah that sounds really interesting, and I like those messages clearly pointed to CyanogenMod

Sounds nice but there currently is too much work happening at the same time: cm10.2, AOSP, camera-fix and soon 4.4 depending on the release date.