[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

M1cha I read you were testing a kernel with oc feature, did you try uv as well? I'd like to test how low my voltages are stable, can you post that kernel even if it's not complete?

M1cha I read you were testing a kernel with oc feature, did you try uv as well? I'd like to test how low my voltages are stable, can you post that kernel even if it's not complete?
It was just a dirty hardcoded test. I'm not gonna release oc/uv kernels soon, sry

UPDATE 2013-09-22:
fmradio: the app looks very ugly. I'll redesign it in future. Maybe sth. like this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1795141

cm10.2 audio-hal: if you have any audio problems pls report it so we can get it stable

wifi improvements: this should fix all speed problems

Or the news' source is a secret , but time will prove it . In the past , there were open kernel source requests on http://en.miui.com/forum.php and http://miui.com/forum.php None of them were replied officially .
Just wait , time will tell. That's all we can do .

I asked them on their official Facebook page if they can confirm the news about releasing kernel sources. They just replied with: "please wait for the official news~ :)". This sounds like a confirmation to me.

M1cha, are you going to release a new build today ?
btw thank you for your great work!!!!

You can't overclock yet !, but you can definitely use FM in M1cha's ROM.... It is working well.

So now the FM radio is working? We van use apps like spiritfm?
And overclock?
Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 4
I don't know if SpiritFm works but there is a built-in fmradio app now. I've already started to redesign the app to match jellybean theme.

Reactions: dextructor
Hey M1cha,

Thank you very much for your work.
This is the first phone i've gotten that I was able to learn on how to root and everything (read still learning).

Today, I went with a little knot in my stomach through the process of using the root to get cwm to work, download your zip in a gruelling speed (slowest in the whole of Sweden, Uppsala University... anyhow). 3 Hours later managed to move from a constantly force closing Miui to your rom. Which feels so much better than the Miui.

I'm a nexus 7 user and I have read up on the history of Miui, although recently learned about the open source issues (Had I known what this meant I would perhaps not have bought it.) But then after some searching (where to start) I came to your thread. Saw that you have fairly recently started but made great leaps in progress in very short time.

The device makes more sense now, with the whole interface being snappier and more convenient to use than the endless scrolling. Including having settings two motions away. Sorry for stating the obvious for most users but perhaps you like to be informed about the way you also offer a good thing for newbie people to escape the clutches of what the very nice specced phone comes with.

I promise a nice tip when the camera is up and running.

And feel now confident enough to work with cwm to try a dualboot that works well so I can still hook it up to my projector every now and then.

Thank you again,

Welcome Bravo ! please remember that you won't be regretted of your choice of Xiaomi... Never !!!

Well hopefully when the kernel source is released we can fix the dreaded 13MP camera framerate limit finally. Other cool kernel features to have would be:

*Non powered OTG mode (for charging phone in OTG)
*USB DAC (included in kernel already as compile flag)
*Fast Audio (low latency) mode for 4.2+
*CIFS module
*Overclock/init.d support

Can it be possible to have all those features if Xiaomi releases the kernel Source Code ?
Those features look really cool though !!!

Just of pure interest: is it technically possible to take closed drivers of camera to make proof-of-concept build with rest of sources open?

much progress with fmradio redesign. favorites and manual seeking still missing but the rest is fully working.
And I should replace those ugly actionbar icons ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-23-17-39-32.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-23-17-39-32.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 319
Not bad for less than 24 hours! :) glad to see you here cyberspaced! welcome aboard.
Great. I haven't understand... This kernel still Have the battery drain ?(i tried the 2 version but my battere wasn't very better....)

Inviato dal mio MI 2 usando Tapatalk 4

Hello m1cha, if i select cancel on color calibration i get a black screen until a forced reboot by pressing power button for ten seconds. I re flash with wipe cache and dalvik cache and same problem.

Thanks for your help and great work.

Enviado desde mi MI 2 usando Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379982286775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379982286775.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 249
color calibration isn't supported. I've just forgot to disable it in this build, sry
on your kernel I can enable and use multiuser

Sent from my Mi2s

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380030381404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380030381404.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 277
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380030459286.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380030459286.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 247
A question, do the cameras need different drivers for all versions? Mi2, Mi2S 16GB and Mi2S 32GB all have different ones right?

there is a difference between mi2 and mi2s. and there are some rare models with several different cams.

Reactions: manuliz