[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

So is the consensus that this rom is good enough for daily use? I have the silent-calls bug in miui (even after 2 updates), and I want to try a different rom.

Yes it is. Only some things like camera works worse than in miui (but they work).
Performance overall is way better, and battery life seems to be similar, better for some users and worse for others.

Enviado desde mi MI 2S usando Tapatalk now Free

Maybe im stupid but the installation was aborting... Can you give me the link of last version? I used the first link on page but the zip doesn't work.
Don't forget to verify the MD5 hash of the downloaded file with the one on download page.
Among others, ES File Explorer can do that (in Properties).

Sent from TapaPlaudern on Mi2S 32 GB

Don't forget to verify the MD5 hash of the downloaded file with the one on download page.
Among others, ES File Explorer can do that (in Properties).

So... I go to the First page and I do click on that link:
ik0q.jpg

After, i choice that files:
ma9z.jpg

After i downloaded that files, i try to move on my internal storage and...
3bt1.jpg

Now:
1) My device has CWM with Truedualboot(Miui system 1, KitKat 4.4 system 2)
2) Original Kernel

Anybody have a solution?

Ps: This happened too with Paranoid.

ik0q.jpg

ma9z.jpg

3bt1.jpg

Now:
2) Original Kernel

Anybody have a solution?

Did you succeed to transfer the zip file to your phone and check the md5 is correct?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Anybody have a solution?
Dude, the answer has already been given twice. RTFM. Download on the device via wifi or use Airdroid (which you can find in the playstore) to transfer the files.

I've found that with different roms my phone had sometimes more problems with connecting to my pc then with others, also I switched usb cables some times.

Now:
2) Original Kernel
I am not sure what you mean by point 2, however, note that TDB separates the two systems almost completely - definitely the kernels. CM 10.2 by M1cha brings its own kernel.

Dude, the answer has already been given twice. RTFM. Download on the device via wifi or use Airdroid (which you can find in the playstore) to transfer the files.

I've found that with different roms my phone had sometimes more problems with connecting to my pc then with others, also I switched usb cables some times.

Keep Calm Bro. I RTFM. When I try to download via wifi download is completed too quickly, as the file weighed 1 bite. I'm trying to do in other ways, I don't need your help. I hate toxic people.

I am not sure what you mean by point 2, however, note that TDB separates the two systems almost completely - definitely the kernels. CM 10.2 by M1cha brings its own kernel.

Sry my bad. I mean i have the original kernel. Are you telling me that I can install two different kernel at the same time? It 's impossible or am I wrong? Or m1cha's works only with kernel made by him?

Keep Calm Bro. I RTFM. When I try to download via wifi download is completed too quickly, as the file weighed 1 bite. I'm trying to do in other ways, I don't need your help. I hate toxic people.
I'm not your bro, friend, I'm just helping you because I don't want you to mess up your phone (maybe now I do ;) ) you dont read well. Like I (and others) said EITHER download via phone, OR transfer from PC to phone using Airdroid. I hate people who are too stupid to read. You should be thankful for all the people here trying to help and read their messages, I believe linuxxx already said it yesterday "Airdroid".
Sry my bad. I mean i have the original kernel. Are you telling me that I can install two different kernel at the same time? It 's impossible or am I wrong? Or m1cha's works only with kernel made by him?
Again, maybe you should first read into Android a bit. It's impossible to have two kernels in one system. And yes, M1cha's only works with his kernel.

Now read the thread again and probably all your questions are answered.
Hope you understood? Now you have got an answer three times, I guess even you should be able to read it :)

ik0q.jpg

ma9z.jpg

3bt1.jpg

Now:
2) Original Kernel

Anybody have a solution?

Download it on the phone, win suck

Sent from my Mi2s

Reactions: RobinHood00
I found out that the impossibility to connect to my WIFI network doesn't apply to an other network.
It may be a fault of my network, but this is the first ROM I experience this issue with.

I currently use the 2013-10-12 unofficial port from CyanogenMod wiki page (screenshot attached).
I'll now flash the newest one, you'll know if anything changes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-09-02-22-15.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-09-02-22-15.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 297
Ok guys I tried any method you suggested, I tried to move the folder via AirDroid, via wifi, I tried to download directly from the phone, but when I start the installation is aborted ... maybe I have to disable something in the recovery?
The strange thing that the error of the transfer of the zip file via USB only happens when I pass the zip containing the rom (the same error is for Paranoid and Wiui).

@Krucios: Try installing Miui again, then flash CWM, then try again. Always check MD5 sums with a tool like MD5checker

@M1cha: Today I had Xiaomi's own Vanilla Android 4.1 rom on my phone to see what battery life does there. I get 3% drain in 13 hours, that is about 5 times better then with your CM10.2. That wasn't even in Power Saving Mode. I know I have been a bitch about battery life on the phone lol, but this is actual proof that shows battery life can be hugely improved on this rom. I also wonder if the problem is maybe CM10.2 dependend or if it's coming from the Open Source kernel. On another phone I had the same problem with CM10.2, it drained my battery very fast, while CM10.1 didn't have battery drain at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krucios
@Krucios: Try installing Miui again, then flash CWM, then try again. Always check MD5 sums with a tool like MD5checker

@M1cha: Today I had Xiaomi's own Vanilla Android 4.1 rom on my phone to see what battery life does there. I get 3% drain in 13 hours, that is about 5 times better then with your CM10.2. That wasn't even in Power Saving Mode. I know I have been a bitch about battery life on the phone lol, but this is actual proof that shows battery life can be hugely improved on this rom. I also wonder if the problem is maybe CM10.2 dependend or if it's coming from the Open Source kernel. On another phone I had the same problem with CM10.2, it drained my battery very fast, while CM10.1 didn't have battery drain at all.

When it's christmas I will try to port 10.1 to the Xiaomi to see what the results are, hope I succeed lol.

My mi2s drained 4% in 8 hours on wiui with whatsapp as only app to have autostart rights, 3% in 13 hours sounds like a clean install with everything disabled in autorun mangement.

Battery life could be improved but don't exaggerate it.

Dude thanks anyway. It seems that the only rom that I was able to install is the 4.4 ASOP. Maybe someday I'll try again, in the meantime I continue to use the MIUI. Have a nice day.

My mi2s drained 4% in 8 hours on wiui with whatsapp as only app to have autostart rights, 3% in 13 hours sounds like a clean install with everything disabled in autorun mangement.

Hi! Can you post URL to Xiaomi's own Vanilla Android 4.1 rom?

Thats cofface's rom. That does not apply to the rom in this thread.
I know, I'm not asking for help about it.
I thought that the differences could be helpful to understand what's wrong with THIS ROM, apparently only on MY phone with MY wifi network.

I'm currently thinking about switching to the Vanilla ROM mentioned before, but I'm too used to the CM status bar for custom toggles and right-pull=toggle-screen. Can I flash the ROM and then flash the function? If so, how?

Yes I know, it's on a clean install, I didn't touch the phone, maybe 5 minutes of screen on time. But it was to compare with this CM10.2 rom, when I do a clean install and let it on for 13 hours with 5 minutes of screen on time I get about 15% battery drain. So it is a fair comparison.
Maybe someday I'll try again, in the meantime I continue to use the MIUI. Have a nice day.
Try this:
Hi! Can you post URL to Xiaomi's own Vanilla Android 4.1 rom?
All the way down HERE you will find this zip, only Chinese and English though:
http://bigota.d.miui.com/QDT14/miui_NativeMI2_QDT14_44bd255a2d_4.1.zip
I know, I'm not asking for help about it.
I'm currently thinking about switching to the Vanilla ROM mentioned before, but I'm too used to the CM status bar for custom toggles and right-pull=toggle-screen. Can I flash the ROM and then flash the function? If so, how?
Oke, my bad ;) I had some strange wifi beheviour too sometimes... but this might help you:
If you want CM functionality in that rom, use this app to get root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
Then install Xposed Framework:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
Then install GravityBox module:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2316070

This way you get a lot of the CM functionality on Vanilla Android (Quicksettings, Volume key control, Reboot menu etc.)
All this is working with me now.
There are a lot more Xposed Modules, but be careful and read the OP on Xposed Framework and every module, dont just install them all together :)

(But this is getting kind of oftopic, it's M1cha's rom thread)

Edit: The quicksettings mod in GravityBox is not working because of Android 4.1, tomorrow evening I will look if I can fix this with a simple mod, there is a nice tutorial on XDA about it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: David Bevi

I could get the same figure as yours with MIUI. 5% lost in 10 hours with WIFI on. I believe it doesn't matter what the power mode is, as long as the phone is sleeping it will use the least power possible. Thus comes the question, why more power is consumed in Micha's CM10.2. I love this rom. It doesn't have the "call" problem that I have in MIUI. Just the battery life and random FC in apps are my concerns. :)

@Redbean thats extactly what I wonder. Like I said, I have found this same problem on my other phone with CM10.2 and I now use CM10.1 on that phone and do not have any problem.

I know what the phone is capable of, I love M1cha's project, it's amazing what he is doing. But this battery thingie... It needs to be gone hehe. So is it a 10.2 problem or something else?

I have just installed CM10.2... And I still have the silent-call bug like I had in MIUI. Does that mean it's a hardware issue, or some common files between this rom and MIUI?

I have just installed CM10.2... And I still have the silent-call bug like I had in MIUI. Does that mean it's a hardware issue, or some common files between this rom and MIUI?
Did you wipe data? Wipe cache? Wipe Dalvik cache? (Just to be sure, on both systems)

Yes I did. Also tried latest WIUI, Cofface's CM10.2 and CM10.1... Same result. I can hear through the back speaker, and with earphones. I guess the ear-speaker is dead...

Yes I did. Also tried latest WIUI, Cofface's CM10.2 and CM10.1... Same result. I can hear through the back speaker, and with earphones. I guess the ear-speaker is dead...
If in MIUI, go to Volume setting and adjust the voice volume. Can you hear the sound? If yes, then the ear speaker is not dead. And if yes, when you make a call, open the loud speaker. When the receiver pick the call, turn off the loud speaker. Can you hear the voice in ear-speaker now?

I don't have this call problem in CM10.2 except in MIUI and WIUI.