Invalid Triple = Üçlü, not Çift in Turkish, Miui v11 Translation Error

MaDMaxibo

Members
Apr 15, 2014
im using this weekly rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9LiteMICC9_9.10.31_v11-9
in the photo stamp it says :
SHOT ON Mİ 9 CC
48MP ÇİFT KAMERA

Firstly, it is half English half Trukish. the first line is in English but the second line is Turkish.
Then ÇİFT KAMERA means double cam, but in English language mode it was TRIPLE CAM which means ÜÇLÜ KAMERA in Turkish.

The most annoying thing is that my phone is Mi 9 Lite but it says Mİ 9 CC, since the rom is for CC9 and 9 Lite BOTH. i want it look Mi 9 Lite :(

it should be like:
MI 9 LITE /or/ Mi 9 Lite
48MP/AI ÜÇLÜ KAMERA

Translations are not our problem, report it to the appropriate repo:

As for device being Mi CC9, you'll have to live with it. We're using China ROMs as base. Many users have a Mi CC9, and displaying Mi 9 Lite would be incorrect in that case as well. You're not the only one, Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro have Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro displayed as well. We're not going to build 2 separate ROMs for each of these devices for that sole reason.

i can edit build.pro and write it down Mi 9 Lite, its not matter actually. start animation is another problem. i should find a way to change boot animation too.
adb codes working on twrp to change build.prop...

As for device being Mi CC9, you'll have to live with it. We're using China ROMs as base. Many users have a Mi CC9, and displaying Mi 9 Lite would be incorrect in that case as well. You're not the only one, Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro have Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro displayed as well. We're not going to build 2 separate ROMs for each of these devices for that sole reason.

i can edit build.pro and write it down Mi 9 Lite, its not matter actually. start animation is another problem. i should find a way to change boot animation too.
adb codes working on twrp to change build.prop...

For Turkish translations issues in xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 ROMs, it's here => https://github.com/suat074/MA-XML-11-TURKISH/issues
Edit "build.prop" / Use an adb command to modify device's name if you want but it will not be changed/added by xiaomi.eu devs.

thanks. i edited build.prop and changed model name to Mi 9 Lite before and i ve checked that stamp was Mi 9 Lite on photos, but i changed language to English then again Turkish yesterday, then it got weird; model name is still Mi 9 Lite in phone specs but stamp is changed to mi 9 cc again.
im waiting for weekly release 11.07 but the only rom delayed is mine :( when i install 11.07 new rom i will edit build.prop again and i will use locak backup to avoid activation sms etc... it was another bug sms validation doesnt work in Turkish language, you have to set the language to English and do it.

Calling the same device two different names was a stupid decision on Xiaomi's side, so no one blames you. However, I think that it is safe to assume that a majority of users of the EU ROM have bought devices with the international name versions. So, they are (rightly so, in my opinion) surprised or annoyed that their phones change their model name. Most people would be happier with the international model names for sure.

Reactions: MaDMaxibo
Calling the same device two different names was a stupid decision on Xiaomi's side, so no one blames you. However, I think that it is safe to assume that a majority of users of the EU ROM have bought devices with the international name versions. So, they are (rightly so, in my opinion) surprised or annoyed that their phones change their model name. Most people would be happier with the international model names for sure.

they could just change build.prop and boot animation and then serving it with another name on the server, would not be so hard i think. thanks for supporting post.

… Most people would be happier with the international model names for sure.
That definitely doesn't apply to me. I had specifically chosen and waited for a Redmi K20 with band 20. I find it idiotic that Xiaomi has made this renaming for the international market.
I bought a Mi 9T, but I know it's nothing more than a Redmi K20 with an extra band 20. As for me, I like the name Redmi K20 and want it to stay that way.

However, I think that it is safe to assume that a majority of users of the EU ROM have bought devices with the international name versions.
That's an arbitrary assumption. Many (including myself) order their phones from China because it tends to be a lot cheaper.

That definitely doesn't apply to me. I had specifically chosen and waited for a Redmi K20 with band 20. I find it idiotic that Xiaomi has made this renaming for the international market.
I bought a Mi 9T, but I know it's nothing more than a Redmi K20 with an extra band 20. As for me, I like the name Redmi K20 and want it to stay that way.
If there was two roms named k20 and 9t ,you could just pick k20 and install.