Nov 6, 2010

[release]3.8.2[/release]
Important:
  • mb526 is Defy or Defy+.
  • P188F04 is ZTE GRAND X Quad V987
Notes:

Our changes in this release:
  • Galaxy Nexus with Email.apk (xhdpi),
  • Galaxy Note (port) without SMS rotation support to fix graphical bugs in message edit box.

Our changes in this release:
  • Galaxy Nexus with Email.apk (xhdpi),
  • Galaxy Note (port) without SMS rotation support to fix graphical bugs in message edit box.
Thanks!
Note users needed SMS fix.

All you mortals probably don't even know where the pyramids come from.

u have no idea what i am capable of

Reactions: emaz
Thanks for the update, hopefully less freezes with facebook, whatsapp etc. Now i am quite new here but could someone tell me what is the best way to update the mi2s, update both or just one partition. I know there are two partitions and with using updater:

as this method is very easy, it has one disadvantage!! As M2 have two system partitions it can’t update the current system partition. It always updates the other partition i.e. if you are currently booted in system1 then it will update system 2 and if you are in system 2 then it will update system1.

So is it best to update with updater and update by flashing the update.zip so that both partitions are updated? Cause many say they wait for the multi lang.zip but i just update my phone with updater and i still have my own language (dutch) and when i go to the properties of the phone it says i have 3.8.2. Maybe someone can clear this out cause it is a kind of vague, thanks in advance.

Thanks for the update, hopefully less freezes with facebook, whatsapp etc. Now i am quite new here but could someone tell me what is the best way to update the mi2s, update both or just one partition. I know there are two partitions and with using updater:

So is it best to update with updater and update by flashing the update.zip so that both partitions are updated? Cause many say they wait for the multi lang.zip but i just update my phone with updater and i still have my own language (dutch) and when i go to the properties of the phone it says i have 3.8.2. Maybe someone can clear this out cause it is a kind of vague, thanks in advance.

If you keep updating only using Updater.apk, you will be in good shape. This updates the system you are NOT currently booted into then, it reboots you into that system. So you maintain this weeks and last weeks version. If you were to flash English 3.8.2, and then Multi 3.8.2. Your systems would have 3.8.2 English, and 3.8.2 Multi. They share /data, but have separate /system so you wouldn't notice anything.

Intentionally trying to flash both partitions is not needed unless you've broken your phone and need to get it back.

ok thanks for explaining, but one more thing i dont get, i updated but i still have my own language, so once u update by the updater is uses the multilang.zip i once flashed (like in my example that would be multilang.zip 2.7.26)? or should i need the comming multilang.zip for 3.8.2?

ok thanks for explaining, but one more thing i dont get, i updated but i still have my own language, so once u update by the updater is uses the multilang.zip i once flashed (like in my example that would be multilang.zip 2.7.26)? or should i need the comming multilang.zip for 3.8.2?

You need the corresponding MULTI version (ex MULTI 3.8.2, requires 3.8.2). If you mix and match, you are essentially downgrading.

Our MULTI users usually flash the ROM at the end of the day when MULTI comes out so they can flash English then lang pack.

You need the corresponding MULTI version (ex MULTI 3.8.2, requires 3.8.2). If you mix and match, you are essentially downgrading.

Our MULTI users usually flash the ROM at the end of the day when MULTI comes out so they can flash English then lang pack.

ok sorry for being annoying but the last thing i dont get: Let say i am booted in partition one, i use the updater to update to from 2.7.26 to 3.8.2, then it reboots the phone in partition two, so then i not reboot in the updated partition. and if i flash the multilang.zip later and it reboots again i boot in partition one again, cause updater doenst update the current partition were u are booted in. So should i manually set in recovery in what partition i should boot? and what partition is best to boot in? When i got the phone i had the standard rom that comes with the chinese stuff on it. I installed my first weekly rom here that was 2.7.26 and then i noticed i still had the chinese apps on it. so i installed 2.7.26 by updater and by mounting it on my sd card and renamed it update.zip and flashed it in recovery, this gave me a clear install without the chinese apps. That why in my head it is a kind of hard to get, cause i know with updater u only update the partition were u not booted in. This was my last question to completely get it haha sorry and thanks for your patience.

On Note 2 SNote doesn't work using Spen. When approaching my stylus Snote close unexpectely.
Anyoane has this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.