MIUI 9.6 8.4.26/8.5.3/8.5.4/8.5.8/8.5.10/8.5.17/8.5.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that 9.5.14.0 was updated at May 12, and the weekle at May 10. Is not relevant?.

This fact made me think that 9.5.14.0 was the last rom to the redmi note 5
Generally latest stable releases are 1-2 months older than current weeklys (doesn't matter release date). Stable build quasi 1-2 month old weekly build...

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: chiny1990
Today first Public update release in Global Miui 10.
When Xiaomi.eu?

d51887d85f6a161743d79196e74c4981.jpg

Any problems, bugs in close beta or better than Miui 9 :) ?
Every software has bugs :) MIUI 10 is largely UI and Ai changes.

If Xiao Ai makes it to Global properly I think MIUI 10 will be very good. The overall UI changes are better than MIUI 9 as well. As @ingbrzy said, we base on China ROM Dev, so that's not public yet for MIUI 10 :)

Every software has bugs :) MIUI 10 is largely UI and Ai changes.

If Xiao Ai makes it to Global properly I think MIUI 10 will be very good. The overall UI changes are better than MIUI 9 as well. As @ingbrzy said, we base on China ROM Dev, so that's not public yet for MIUI 10 :)
When will MIUI 10 China public?

MIUI10 China Developer ROM (public beta) expected in late June for first batch devices:
Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Mi MIX, Mi 6X, Mi 6, Mi 5, Mi Note 2, Redmi S2, Redmi Note 5

This is the official announcement...
Redmi Note 5
Whyred right?

Reactions: fermateus
Have this phone? You recommended?
No, I don't have that phone.
I have Redmi 5 Plus (vince)

I like Redmi 5 Plus, so the Redmi Note 5 Pro it should be the same with better features:
Whyred Android 8.1 | Vince Android 7.12
Whyred SD 636 | Vince SD 625
Whyred Dual Camera | Vince Single camera

Reactions: huntersun

I like Redmi 5 Plus, so the Redmi Note 5 Pro it should be the same with better features:
Same design

Does anyone know where in 8.5.24 the modified icons application are stored?

Usually were in / system / media / theme / miui_mod_icons, deleting the contents of this folder restored the original application icons.
But not now. Many applications still have a modified icons (Whatsapp, gmail, google drive ...), where can they be?

Sorry for my English
That's very interesting. Looking forward. Sby ?
Yep Whyred

Just to clarify first MIUI 10 EU will be based on China Dev righ ? No betas or whatever..

Redmi Note 5 Pro is Indian variant and it supports Indian specific LTE bands only and also it has downgraded back camera (f/2.2, 1.25µm) - No any sense to buy this phone outside India.

Redmi Note 5 Global variant more valuable as it supports EU LTE bands including B20 and it has better rear camera (f/1.9, 1.4µm). It makes much better photos in low light condition compared to Indian variant.

Redmi Note 5 Pro is Indian variant and it supports Indian specific LTE bands only and also it has downgraded back camera (f/2.2, 1.25µm) - No any sense to buy this phone outside India.

Redmi Note 5 Global variant more valuable as it supports EU LTE bands including B20 and it has better rear camera (f/1.9, 1.4µm). It makes much better photos in low light condition compared to Indian variant.

Xiaomi and their same names...
I didn't understand...
Whyred is Redmi Note 5 Pro Indian variant right?
Vince is Redmi Plus 5 / Redmi Note 5 Global right?

I didn't understand...

No...

Whyred = CN version
Vince = IN

It's in the ROM legend at the first page of this thread :)

I didn't understand...

No, pls find below correctly:

Device code name Vince:

Redmi Note 5 (India)
Redmi 5 Plus

Device code name Whyred:

Redmi Note 5 Pro (India)
Redmi Note 5 (China)
Redmi Note 5 (Global)

In India "Redmi 5 Plus" was released under the name of "Redmi Note 5" so, in India the Redmi Note 5 naming was in use already when the real "Redmi Note 5" was released in China and globally. So, in India they had to find another naming for real "Redmi Note 5" that is why they released it as "Redmi Note 5 Pro" with different rear and front camera module and with India specific LTE bands.

Reactions: huntersun
No, pls find below correctly:

Device code name Vince:

Redmi Note 5 (India)
Redmi 5 Plus

Device code name Whyred:

Redmi Note 5 Pro (India)
Redmi Note 5 (China)
Redmi Note 5 (Global)

In India "Redmi 5 Plus" was released under the name of "Redmi Note 5" so, in India the Redmi Note 5 naming was in use already when the real "Redmi Note 5" was released in China and globally. So, in India they had to find another naming for real "Redmi Note 5" that is why they released it as "Redmi Note 5 Pro" with different rear and front camera module and with India specific LTE bands.
It's all in the ROM legend which is posted as well... A bit of light reading for some of our guests and they wouldn't be so confused :)

Thanks for making it clear for the new users @graw2

Hi, my Mi4c has the latest 8.4.26 Beta but battery is going fast with only some normal use with wifi and browsing.

Is someone having trouble with this phone with battery duration? Using this rom?

Reactions: jmpretoalves
I've installed the 8.4.26 version (i'm on mi4S) and the gps is dead since this update...
Tried to install the 8.4.19 but impossible the twrp loop after starting installing, forced to re install the 8.4.26...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.