Resolved [HyperOS] Camera shutter sound can't be turned off, toggle is missing, not in Korea or Japan region.

Sunset

Members
Aug 9, 2023
In OS1.0.23.11.8.DEV for mondrain (also reports from ishtar & nuwa), the camera shutter sound can't be turned off in the Camera App settings.

After cleaning App data, the issue persists.

Third party camera Apps are not affected.

So what is the issue exactly? The toggle is missing, or present but doesn't do anything?

So what is the issue exactly? The toggle is missing, or present but doesn't do anything?
Toggle is missing. There's a "customize camera" setting will change the sound style, but won't turn it off.

May I ask, in which regions and language settings is the toggle display available?

Toggle is missing. There's a "customize camera" setting will change the sound style, but won't turn it off.

May I ask, in which regions and language settings is the toggle display available?
Technically, the toggle is supposed to be hidden for Korea and Japan regions, so right now I'm not sure what's going on.

Technically, the toggle is supposed to be hidden for Korea and Japan regions, so right now I'm not sure what's going on.
I've changed to Poland and English (US), rebooted, cleaned App data, issue persists.

I'll see if there's log available...

Log here: [removed]

Captured with Singapore, Chinese Simplified, the first (not sure) Camera App launch after App data cleaned, Magisk installed but no module enabled, upgrade from MIUI14 DEV EU no data format.

Last edited:
On HyperOS 23.11.19 now on 13 Ultra and camera shutter sound can now be switched on and off from within camera app.

THANK YOU GUYS