[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

so when it is working for you & accepts what you are inserting, it wont show exactly what you are inserting !
I know. Headset is playing sounds, but pressing button does nothing. I have test app that does nothing that captures 2 events: ACTION_MEDIA_BUTTON and ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG
ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG is detected ok, ACTION_MEDIA_BUTTON is not

Headset is ok, I've tested it on QDT and MIUI firmware

M1cha, that fix should work on any firmware? Tried on current MoKee rom, that has same issue. Did not help.
Media button is detected and firing something on every firmware (this is clearly seen because pressing button returns screen to full brightness when screen starts to dim), but is still not firing proper event.
I'm having this issue on MK4.2.2, MK4.3, AOSP 4.3, CM10.1, CM10.2 roms too. No issue on QDT14 and MIUI
May taking keylayout from QDT14 or MIUI help? Can I break something with that?

yes, you could try pushing all keylayouts from miui. it shouldn't break something I hope it works.
Sadly not
I've installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lt.andro.broadcastlogger
Button press logs nothing.
But on MK4.2.2 headset first button press makes something like a hover on upper center icon, second click actually clicks icon.
On your ROM absolutely no reaction available. Same as on AOSP 4.3 build by Xiaomi

I actually have no idea what's happening here

hi m1cha. i installed the old version on my mi2 yesterday and the new version today , but i have a big problem. my home, menu and back buttons don't work at all. they don't have vibation and they don't do anything.
i hope i'll be able to use it soon! :) if you want any information on my phone or if you have a fix please ask and/or tell me. :p

M1cha thanks a mill man! I've been patiently waiting and seeing how your work has been progressing over the past month and a half and I'm extremely happy that a guy like you is working so hard to make this kernel. Xiaomi make excellent phones but have ****** attitudes regarding their software. Hats off to you my friend!

Reactions: M1cha
I had similar issue on other rom. Try clearing dalvik and reinstalling rom, that could help

oh and tubecat, now that i try clearing it, i see that it gives me an error before i do it. it saids: E: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext].
any thoughts? i don't know how i should fix it?

Same as on AOSP 4.3 build by Xiaomi
Sorry, have rechecked again - AOSP 4.3 build by Xiaomi works fine.
So it is only CM/Mokee/Smartisan roms issue and yours one as well.

Why Dont i get Vibration On the Bottom keys ?

Thx
Actually the vibration does work but it's VERY low. If you are very silent u can hear the clicks when touching the buttons.
Maybe the problem i that the mako driver can set the intensity and ours not. I'll have a look at this.

hi m1cha. i installed the old version on my mi2 yesterday and the new version today , but i have a big problem. my home, menu and back buttons don't work at all. they don't have vibation and they don't do anything.
i hope i'll be able to use it soon! :) if you want any information on my phone or if you have a fix please ask and/or tell me. :p

Maybe missing keylayouts. can you push miui keylayouts to check if that works? If so I would like to know the exact layout which is needed because miui contains so much useless layouts.

Actually the vibration does work but it's VERY low. If you are very silent u can hear the clicks when touching the buttons.
Maybe the problem i that the mako driver can set the intensity and ours not. I'll have a look at this
Thx man for your Work this ROM is really Good !
Hope u can fix this vibration thing because its really Important !!!

Some time Tomorrow I will post a mini Feedback/Review...
But i have to say Battery is much better :D

Reactions: M1cha
Maybe the problem i that the mako driver can set the intensity and ours not. I'll have a look at this.

Maybe missing keylayouts. can you push miui keylayouts to check if that works? If so I would like to know the exact layout which is needed because miui contains so much useless layouts.

:\ sorry but i don't how to push key layouts.. or how to push anything for that matter. could i ask for a short tutorial or explanation? i hope you don't mind.

you can set the frequencies in Settings->Performance

M1cha, I cannot find the performance option in setting when I installed your ROM. BTW it's smooth as silk. My flatmate just bought the nexus 4 and it's as smooth as that. Also, seems like no battery drain issues like the other CM 10.2 Roms with stock xiaomi kernel. Again, a big thanks!

Edit:
Okay, just figured out how to get it. A quick google would've sufficed apparently. Sorry, still a big Android noob here.

Reactions: dextructor
I have bootloop with Mi2S... what about others, have you booted successfully ?

Oakley Sunglasses

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Yes. For me it was stuck during boot when my charger was plugged in. Try removing the charger before booting.

M1cha, About headset issue.
It appears CM code is not processing keylayout\Button_Jack.kl file and button is mapped to BUTTON_? instead of HEADSETHOOK
This was told by one of Xiaomi's developers: http://screenshots.ryotsuke.ru/scr_dd3fbf74203e.png
Are you able to report this issue to CM team in CM10.1/CM10.2 branches? I would myself, but i don't know where exacly i should open issues.

P.S. I've tried modifying 256 code in Generik.kl from BUTTON_1 to HEADSETHOOK, but that gave no effect. I guess I did something wrong.

Mini Feedback / Review:
This Rom is Fast Runs well with no lag, But sometimes i get a crash...
No Camera, and no Vibration On the Bottom key ( Plz FIX !! )
WiFi Is Really Bad you have to put the phone next to the router to get Full speed...
3G is Ok, Miui was a Bit better
Icons Look really small (Can it be Enlarged? )
Is it possible To use the samsung galaxy s4 Borwser on this ROM?!

Battery: Undoubtedly better than MIUI !
The Phone is Running 19 hours and i have 28 % - screen time is 3 hours :D
But Overnight i lost 20% Because i got Whatsapp Messages.. (Can u fix this ?! )

Thanks For your Work, Hope that u Continue to Fix and improve !!!

M1cha, About headset issue.
It appears CM code is not processing keylayout\Button_Jack.kl file and button is mapped to BUTTON_? instead of HEADSETHOOK
This was told by one of Xiaomi's developers: http://screenshots.ryotsuke.ru/scr_dd3fbf74203e.png
Are you able to report this issue to CM team in CM10.1/CM10.2 branches? I would myself, but i don't know where exacly i should open issues.

P.S. I've tried modifying 256 code in Generik.kl from BUTTON_1 to HEADSETHOOK, but that gave no effect. I guess I did something wrong.

can you check if the keys are mapped with this command?
adb shell su -c 'getevent -lt'

It shows the live events after starting you have to press the button(s) which aren't working.

Mini Feedback / Review:
This Rom is Fast Runs well with no lag, But sometimes i get a crash...
No Camera, and no Vibration On the Bottom key ( Plz FIX !! )
WiFi Is Really Bad you have to put the phone next to the router to get Full speed...
3G is Ok, Miui was a Bit better
Icons Look really small (Can it be Enlarged? )
Is it possible To use the samsung galaxy s4 Borwser on this ROM?!

Battery: Undoubtedly better than MIUI !
The Phone is Running 19 hours and i have 28 % - screen time is 3 hours :D
But Overnight i lost 20% Because i got Whatsapp Messages.. (Can u fix this ?! )

Thanks For your Work, Hope that u Continue to Fix and improve !!!

thx for the feedback :)
I don't know what you mean with the icons. But if you are comparing the size between cm10.2 and miui you should know that miui's icons are larger than normal. If you like that you can install MiHome Launcher from playstore.
Since Whatsapp is causing the battery drain and not android I can't fix this. it's a problem of this app I think.

can you check if the keys are mapped with this command?
adb shell su -c 'getevent -lt'

It shows the live events after starting you have to press the button(s) which aren't working.

thx for the feedback :)
I don't know what you mean with the icons. But if you are comparing the size between cm10.2 and miui you should know that miui's icons are larger than normal. If you like that you can install MiHome Launcher from playstore.
Since Whatsapp is causing the battery drain and not android I can't fix this. it's a problem of this app I think.
How is the Vibration On the Bottom key Going on ?
Dont know if u can do but sometimes Notifications Get When Screen Is Off...
I want to make the icons a bit Bigger thats all