[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

Does undervolt and clock speed controlling require open source code for some specific part of kernel and then add some code to allow control of those values or how is this possible to do?

Does kernel contain volt/freq tables or where are those?

Is there some sort of hardware limit to prevent too high voltages or is that also written in kernel?

Sorry if questions are wrongly written.

Does undervolt and clock speed controlling require open source code for some specific part of kernel and then add some code to allow control of those values or how is this possible to do?

Does kernel contain volt/freq tables or where are those?

Is there some sort of hardware limit to prevent too high voltages or is that also written in kernel?

Sorry if questions are wrongly written.

1)Yes.

2)Probably the datasheet or any other official technical document has this kind of information.

3)Most of modern processors has this kind of technology, but once again only the documents can confirm it, but it can be limited in the modified kernel by the developer.

P.S.: This post should be in the Kernel thread not in CM;)

Hi M1cha, Hi guys. I'm just thinking to try this rom, but which is the issue about camera? Ok I can't touch the screen color calibration otherwise it crash the phone (never touched, so no problem), but the camera? It's slow? It's crashing? What? thx for your patience, maybe be more specific in the first post would be good!

Hi M1tcha, Hi guys. I'm just thinking to try this rom, but it's possible to know which bugs are still present? Maybe updating the first post? thank you so much!
The camera isn't working and sometimes (only on my phone) it doesn't recognize well the USB

Inviato dal mio MI 2(s) usando Tapatalk 4

I added MHL and OTG to the issues list.
Both aren't supported by Nexus4 kernel that's why they need some work.

Reactions: deini
Maybe sth can be done from optimus g kernel e975 as it has nearly everything same like nexus and mi2, unless fhe camera. Can you kernel be used on e975 with minor changes?

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4

Hmm Hi again, I've a little trouble... I've flashed in system1 the latest ROM, but it won't start, the cyano wheel keep going and going... I've then tryed to flash the bootloop fix too but nothing, still the wheel of death XD any solution?

PS.: I'm on a mi2

Edit: solved with a full wype...

Sadly without photocam it's not usable for me :/

Last edited:
Hello,
I installed this rom yesterday and, so far, so good.
I have a question: what are the differences between this cm10.2 port and the one done by cofface?
Is his kernel open source as well?
Is the camera working with his port?

This rom is fully opensource.
And it's Nexus4 based which means that it's more clean, faster and easily updatable.
And as u can read on OP the camera isn't working yet.

Reactions: dextructor
So, if I got it right, cofface made his port of cm10.2 using the closed-source kernel from xiaomi?

btw: thanks for your quick answer! :)

Edit: Yes, I know: yesterday I read all the thread prior to install this rom. I think I can live without camera, for some times... :)
I was just wondering if the camera is working with the cofface port.

yes, this is the only rom using a opensource kernel.
In cofface's version the camera does work.

Converting is not that easy and then camera is "only 8Mp" and 8gb of space while now i have 32gb. Im not a developer so i dont have enough knowledge to port your kernel for using on G. Do you think its possible to include lg sources in mako kernel and then convert it to nexus 4? That would be great. Sorry for bothering in this thread but i though it was worth asking because phones are practical the same.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4

It would make more sense to use Nexus4 kernel and not this one.
However since u aren't a developer u won't get it work.

This rom is fully opensource.
And it's Nexus4 based which means that it's more clean, faster and easily updatable.
And as u can read on OP the camera isn't working yet.
ivan said his kernel is based on mako too. But it is close source.

it was based on mako but he switched to jb_2.5 and then picked some changes from jb_2.6 to make it compatible with 4.3.
U see the problem? :D

it was based on mako but he switched to jb_2.5 and then picked some changes from jb_2.6 to make it compatible with 4.3.
U see the problem? :D
I don't know anything about kernel. :) But I know there is still some issue in ivan's kernel .

Is this a guide to build aosp base on your kernel? https://github.com/xiaomi-android

And android 4.3.1 is out . May be 4.4 is going to be released in 10.15 with the Nexus 5 . :cool:

Hello,

I'm having a bug which is really small but at the same time very annoying to me.
It's there with all the ROMs I tried: MIUI, WIUI and this one.
I'm in Italy and my operator is TIM (or "I TIM", or "Telecom Italia Mobile").
On the lock screen of this ROM I read: "TELECOM ITALIZ SPA" and that is the same network name I see in my car, through the bluetooth connection.
In the other ROMs (MIUI and WIUI, and I believe with this one it is the same) this name came from this lib: libril-qc-qmi-1.so
I patched the name with a hex editor and the name changed.
I tried to mess with /etc/spn-conf.xml but I didn't find a way to make it work, so the hex editing of the lib is my only option, at the moment.
I tried to find the sources of this lib on the net, to propose a patch to the source maintainer, but I had no success.
Anybody, here, knows another way (I don't really like to hex edit the binaries in an open source project...) to have my operator show the correct name: "I TIM" ?